Confusion About Finding Good Deals In Accordance with Buy Order Prices

SilentTitan

Hi all,

So i just recently got into unusual trading, and have slowly made up profits to about the 35 keys mark. One of the biggest difficulties I've had when trying to find good deals is understanding which unusuals are worth buying, especially when so many users try to value them close to their Buy order prices. Do Buy Order values actually matter, or is it a bunch of bots and people trying to make a quick buck? Regardless, I would really appreciate any advice you could give me. I just need to figure out how to find good  deals that will most likely end up with me making profit.

I recently bought a Disco Beatdown Frickin' Sweet Ninja Hood for Scout, which was valued at 75 keys 8 months ago. Even still, the Buy orders are around the 27 key mark, thus my confusion. Btw, if anyone is interested in that hat, let me know!

The core reason the buy orders are so much lower than the bp.tf is because as a 3rd gen that comes from a regular crate, it's one of the hats most affected by the Crate Depression from last fall, as the event almost tripled the amount in existence. As such, supply's gone up and demand's gone down, resulting in a lower value. It's not worth 75 keys anymore, but the buy orders at list give you a bottom value. I'd probably gauge it at more in the 30-35 range myself. If you remain the cheapest on the market, you might get 40 keys, but it will take a while; If staying at that price point, it'll be best to look for overpay rather than pure.

Try to check how much tradeit.gg, stntrading.eu, tftrade.ru or scrap.tf gives, u might find a good price on it since outdated as f*ck.

24 minutes ago, ChrisPy Bacon said:

(Real profile)
https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197988587606
I’d give you my Strange Festivized Australium Knife

and an electrostatic Frenchman’s beret.

That's an interesting offer, but the price of that Frenchman's Beret is insanely outdated (6 Years!). Any chance you could add like 8 keys or so?

I just got to get some keys first. Add me if you can on steam, and when I get the keys, I’ll send you the trade offer.

13 minutes ago, ChrisPy Bacon said:

I just got to get some keys first. Add me if you can on steam, and when I get the keys, I’ll send you the trade offer.

Ok invite was sent

Archived