Just got scammed out of an unusual

Dotto

God, I cant wait for another high tier trader soapbox thread.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about that, friend.

8 minutes ago, Gabe said:

when people make these kinds of posts do they expect us to assemble like the avengers and clap the scammer's cheeks or what  

I guarantee at least 60% of the time the scammed is hoping that "le rich traders" of backpack.tf will randomly add them and give them charity. 30% of the time it's people just wanting to warn people about the scam happening (even though it's unlikely anyone that frequents backpack.tf forums doesn't know about these scams), and the last 10% are people that actually hope we'll assemble an army and go on a witch hunt.

People do it on r/tf2 all the time, except they just indirectly (or directly) say "please give me free stuff" instead of not saying it at all.

Not saying this guy's doing any of that shit but it's probably what a good chunk of them in general are aiming for.

1 hour ago, mike <3 said:

I guarantee at least 60% of the time the scammed is hoping that "le rich traders" of backpack.tf will randomly add them and give them charity. 30% of the time it's people just wanting to warn people about the scam happening (even though it's unlikely anyone that frequents backpack.tf forums doesn't know about these scams), and the last 10% are people that actually hope we'll assemble an army and go on a witch hunt.

People do it on r/tf2 all the time, except they just indirectly (or directly) say "please give me free stuff" instead of not saying it at all.

Not saying this guy's doing any of that shit but it's probably what a good chunk of them in general are aiming for.

It was a cheap item just saying im glade nothing more was lost

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic

Archived