Quickbuying/Quickselling

ticklemitt

15 minutes ago, ticklemitt said:

I havent traded in around 2 years, is the normal quickbuy price still 30% off?

In the new world of trading, post crate depression, quickbuying for a certain percentage is almost a myth now. Almost every hat (Non-graded, aka, not from a case) are devalued to most traders to nothing but bp.tf buy others, and this even effected some hats that weren't even unboxed during the event. I wouldn't advertise buying unusuals at a certain percentage, as everything is almost just, buy orders now lol. Which is kinda unfortunate

Unfortunately quickbuying is pretty much just buying right around buy orders. Problem is that if you get %30-40 off an unusual which was an old quicksell, they are near impossible to sell. Stay away from 3rd gens, and some 1st gens. Good luck buying old Halloween’s. End of the line effects are decent, as well as high tier robo effects. Good luck. 

Not anymore, so many hats are in their own weird bubble that blanket methods like that don't really apply anymore. It's pretty case-by-case, I'd recommend going off of buy orders and your own judgment as to whether a QB/QS price is worthwhile.

You don''t quickbuy a hat for x percentage off, you quickbuy a hat based on; the current market, your own experience, sellers/buyers, possible margins etc. 

Basing your quickbuys on x percentage just causes you to miss on good opportunities but also possibly buy terrible deals. There are plenty of hats that I would buy for -5% off, yet there are also plenty of hats I would not buy for -50% off.

Using percentages is dumb as fuck and is always been like that, the crate depression made it more visible, thats all.

Archived