Ban for undercutting price by 0.11

Versal

• Versal locked and unlocked this topic

I don’t think that this is a small problem, because it’s simply impossible to sell an item without a bot. You put a price of 10 keys in a minute one bot undercut you at 0.11 ref then the second bot undercut first by 0.11, so the price is simple until the end of the day drops to 9 keys

ye ok u can undercut by 1 ref, no problem, but undercutting by 0.11 ref  spoils trading on backpack.tf and ruins tf2 economy .\imho

30 minutes ago, Versal said:

I don’t think that this is a small problem, because it’s simply impossible to sell an item without a bot. You put a price of 10 keys in a minute one bot undercut you at 0.11 ref then the second bot undercut first by 0.11, so the price is simple until the end of the day drops to 9 keys

24 minutes ago, Versal said:

ye ok u can undercut by 1 ref, no problem, but undercutting by 0.11 ref  spoils trading on backpack.tf and ruins tf2 economy .\imho

yeah but like, who cares is the classifieds listings price drops lol. If you're that desperate on selling something, just sell it to a bot

flex on em by undercutting by half a scrap

also i don't know why you of all people would suggest this, i'm fairly certain you used to do the exact same thing with buy orders.

• Like 9

Same thing goes for buy orders. Like i put one for 50 keys and it automatically gets outbidden by 0.11 ref. No idea why this site is still allowing this kind of stuff happen.

id call autobeating buyers bigger problem. Just imagine me and a few more guys making those bots for a all classifieds. 10 bots will be beating each other in top buyers classifieds and gl buying anything for anyone other than us

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Versal said:

Maybe you will make a new rule for undercutting price by 0.11 ref, ban for a week?

Didn't you undercut me and others in buy orders awhile ago? So the tables have turned or what?

If a ban on 0.11 undercuts is put into place, people will just undercut by 0.22. What do you do then, ban 0.22 undercuts? If that keeps happening over and over, the undercut minimum would eventually get so big that there'd be a sea of complaining over having to drop your prices too low to compete. If someone "can't trade" without an autolisting bot, then they should get an autolisting bot.

• Like 2

Lmao at "big traders" getting mad over bots. Imagine stomping everyone in the game and being perfectly fine with it, then crying and asking devs to restrict the game when someone stomps YOU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norah said:

If a ban on 0.11 undercuts is put into place, people will just undercut by 0.22. What do you do then, ban 0.22 undercuts? If that keeps happening over and over, the undercut minimum would eventually get so big that there'd be a sea of complaining over having to drop your prices too low to compete. 

There's already a lot of people complaining about quicksellers selling for too low.

As for undercutting/overcutting - I think there should be some restrictions on expensive items, for example in real life auctions you cannot bid 1000.01$ to beat someone with a 1000$ bid, it usually goes up in 1%-10% of the item value.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Versal said:

because it’s simply impossible to sell an item without a bot

Why own a bot to sell an item when you can sell an item to a bot

9 hours ago, Goliac said:

Same thing goes for buy orders. Like i put one for 50 keys and it automatically gets outbidden by 0.11 ref. No idea why this site is still allowing this kind of stuff happen.

Well this is a different thing, for unusual buy orders over like 40 keys, overcutting by 0.11 ref is rediculous

2 minutes ago, n_n said:

Imagine complaining about 0.11 ref, which is worth about half a penny. 🤷‍♂️

It's not complaining about pennies, it's complaining about best position in sellers line - to be first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wsdea said:

I remember this part in the rules was confusing for me as well, but it is not about undercutting at all.

This is for bots that own multiple identical items and make separate listings for them (unlike e.g. Bot.tf banking which only creates one listing but can sell any item).

Then backpack.tf "folds" those listings together and you can see "2x / 3x ..." next to item name:

image.png.e9c85dc33425682f0845b603f09cf578.png

This rule prohibits bots from bypassing this "folding".

On 3/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, Chuck said:

Lmao at "big traders" getting mad over bots. Imagine stomping everyone in the game and being perfectly fine with it, then crying and asking devs to restrict the game when someone stomps YOU.

Lmao at "bot users" getting mad over human traders. Imagine stomping everyone in the game and being fine with it, then crying and shit posting on this forum when someone calls YOU out.