what itens are good to invest

SIR doge

im new at this world of trading im very poor my inventory dont worth 1 key i heard about investing is good method to become rich and im investing on a boston boom bringer and a brotherhood of arms those itens are good to invest?

don't think about investing with so little to put in.  you're better off looking for arbitrage trades to gain some BP value or investing some actual money into buying some keys. 

to answer the query about brotherhood of arms/boston boom bringer though, I wouldn't hold anything worth less than a key for *a long time in the expectation that it'll go up in value since metal devalues over the long term

Nothing should be invested in; a person looking for their backpack to grow must be continuously flipping items. Pretty much the only stuff that will actually appreciate in value if sat on for long periods of time tend to be high-tier retired (effect and/or item) unusuals, all of which are well outside your price range.

With your stuff, they might become worth more refined in the future, but that'd be more because of refined losing value than the items gaining value.

• 11 months later...

Honest advice is - as others have said - active trading will grow your backpack far faster than investing in something.

So if I had no interest/time for actually trading and just wanted to invest, what would I invest in?
Strange Kritzkriegs, PDAs, Originals, Gunslingers etc - Only ever available from super rare Slavaged Crates (with the expection being the Kritzkrieg, which is also available from another crate at the same chance as an unusual which would likely be worth less than the Kritzkrieg), all unlikely to come back again (valve seems to be done with the old school weapon crates), and the supply continues to dwindle as more and more of them are grabbed by people who want one for keeps.

Old Halloween effect unusuals - Haven't been unboxable since 2017 (and then it was only hats from the newer cases), and they seem to have established a protocol for halloweens since then making it unlikely they'll ever be unboxable again. The demand for the old effects is still strong, while the supply continues to shrink as people buy their 'dream' unusual and hold onto it for years.

And finally, for something a little more within your budget - retired cases. Not just any retired case though, retired cases which contain specific things that people want. Gargoyle cases are great because are the only source of Death By Disco unusuals, and outside of trade-ups Catastrophic Companions. Creepy Crawly cases are growing in value because they contain the Burly Beast (I can't think of a more expensive medic cosmetic in the game) and have a reasonable chance of giving an all-class hat in the event you unbox an unusual (which comes into play more so at Halloween when people are trying to unbox limited effects). Violet Vermin cases are an okay choice because they are the only source of Galactic Gateway/Eldrich Opening/Dark Doorway unusuals since the 2018 Halloween event ended. Summer 2020 Cosmetic cases because they're the only source of Aromatica/Chromatica/Prismatica/Verdatica unusuals.

Archived