There should be a way/option to search for spelled items in the premium 'Build a Search'.

Waffles_1997

No idea why there isn't one.

Searching for specific cosmetic/weapon spells could mean scrolling through literally thousands of pages of items for hours if not days. It would save collectors a lot of time as well as money, since you're wasting your premium duration scrolling forever.

considering it's been a feature request for literally half a decade by now with a new thread suggesting it every 3-6 months, I'd sooner expect Valve to suddenly give TF2 a 50-man dev team with constant high quality updates and massive attention and marketing before I expect bp.tf devs to add spelled search to the classifieds.

Yep you're stuck hacking together a workaround script like I did

But let's be honest, if the intent of not having the search option is to stop people from trying to shark spells, anyone that dedicated has their hands on a script to automatically scrape the results anyway and so there isn't much being stopped by its exclusion

Backpack.tf does, in fact, already have 2 data fields for backpack items to describe if they have a spell (something like "spell_1" and "spell_2") and making a search on them should be relatively easy to implement, so the above is the only reason I can immediately think of that it doesn't exist

Archived