How to trade diectly from selecting an item in someones backpack.

780APM

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong board but i was wondering if there was a way to directly trade the items that you have seleceted in somone elses backpack. I'm trying to buy multiple conscientious objectors that have specific designs on them, and i cant preview them from within the steam client, and its hard to keep track of where they are within the backpack. 

There might be a browser extension that does this but easiest way for me to single out specific items is to item history and copy the most recent item id (should be owned by the person you are trading)

https://imgur.com/1wUQsM8

In the trade tab right click on an item in their inventory and inspect element. There should be a search option in the inspect element that you can put the id in. Hit enter and will bring up a large chunk of html. Hit the next arrow in the trade window until the chunk of html around the expanded area lights up, this means you are on the page with the item. Hover over the html div that the search brought you to and it will highlight the item in the trade window. This is the item you want.

https://imgur.com/lVOmccH

Other option is to find a reference item and count how many tradeable items are between it and the one you want but if you want objector #140 in a sea of objectors then the other method will probably be faster if you can figure it out (My explanation is probably not good if you are not familiar with inspect element). Other option would be to have the guy your trading with move a random weapon in front of the objectors you want to "mark" it.

Thanks for your replies guys! I think both of those are a little too technical for my taste, i guess ill have to continue to count what ones of the item i want in their backpack, none the less thanks for the replies, they have been great! 

Archived