Universal Killstreaks, help with Glitched Item Compendium

vohh

Yo, doing some more work on my glitched item compendium. If you dont know what it is read this for some more info https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/73779-help-with-glitched-item-compendium/

Working on universal killstreak glitches right now. mainly looking for what items do and dont show sheen, pictures will ofc be needed for proof.

heres what i have so far, pretty basic

590eea467536f353e3ef454502ce11b0.png

If you know of any that do or dont show the sheen work please shout out and supply a screenshot.

Besides just universal killstreaks im looking to see if anyone has a screenshot of the menu during the bug where you could restore just a sheen or just a killstreaker from a (kit or weapon or both, idk) this glitch led to some killstreak kits having firehorns but no sheen.

Honestly any information about a time range or why the glitch happened will be really helpful.

I know for certain universal killstreak kits are visible on the Rocket Jumper, only because of SoundSmith.

Since I can't provide a screenshot, take this video of the Rocket Jumper showing the sheen:

5 minutes ago, Juicydeath1025 said:

I know for certain universal killstreak kits are visible on the Rocket Jumper, only because of SoundSmith.

Since I can't provide a screenshot, take this video of the Rocket Jumper showing the sheen:

thanks!

5 minutes ago, pot head wabbit said:

crossing guard only works on heavy sheen wise,just for the list

sheen shows up on crossing guard only when equipped on heavy?
screenshot?

10 hours ago, pot head wabbit said:

it shows only on his fists,and I don't actually own the guard anymore but i'll see if I can try and get a screenshot off him

Great breakthrough, neither I or the collector I was talking to knew about this. Exactly the type of stuff I am looking for!

already got a screenshot, thanks tho

1 hour ago, Waxy Wayfinder said:

I own an Unusual Specialized Waxy Wayfinder, sheen does not show.

thanks.

i think that for cosmetics on my chart I’m only going to mark down hats that would normally be suspected of showing sheen because of having similar models to weapons.

a good example would be the bonk helm showing sheen while the caffeine cooler does not (need to check again but I believe it does not) 

2 hours ago, n_n said:

2 hours ago, n_n said:

Here's one I'm scared to try:

Disguise kit

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1797602052

thanks.

ill search for any ks disguise kits and see if there are any that exist.

come to think of it is there even an item for the disguise kit? I don’t feel like I’ve seen one in an inventory before. Hm.

also I think I’m late to the party but congrats on that big kill purchase

6 hours ago, n_n said:

Disguise kit

There isnt a place on the spies loadout screen to equip the disguise kit. You might be able to with an api call... well you can bc thats how items are equipped but idk if the public endpoints support that call. If you can without tearing tf2's source code apart to find it that would be amazing. (I guarantee its the same call as a pda for engy just with the class as spy)

You forgot about Heavy's sandvich! 

I'm assuming his other food related items work as well

Does anyone know if backpack items such as the buff banner or razorback display a sheen?

WcrHfhbl.jpg

sgsEUBfKUjZLRpSKvmie7z4AsI6L0tUJS1w6HVojNRczmMrh2iC6N241FkR9vLOnirYhZ__MaOfDB62yb37hmem5z_lA3DqpN37kV4B-7tYa6Yl1wjMnCspcdg-cooqbuchf3hMUCld0Nkdm6Bg88kB7AJx3Ua2BwqXlN-NuKpm9M_kPaQYzZvsSnMo3fRn7s-sEoKUHuPO2d89uM7fBjlJBj1wtGj8cTQZyAwmB755at68hdCC6RH5xVFg4d0TN9OaVTEAfQpDgSIFwlsInuEekSR2B767ILh2BuZuh2sMiaAz4SIdliLhJNdqZyjCKsHS10JkJk_BRBTOq1M9A6_3jtr3mMktcBex4EHPyRdGmEpDAI2OEiG06AC6adLmxpVLR4sznMDB1a6w_yYbthIH6ia35u52dVeIg9vVd3EJ_TTVzqz63xwZ2__3hgxEVUrRpEtkw9PzNHYxKPZ7wyCrZNOFUV_61vWTPcJKXasHubYZAGx51qR1lk4ErhZY1VDGFZcGpyEB8Ges_mlTO6K0JbNwuqRrmkAxNA5LpaP0ZJxpmnPLHTguKw17BM4gct07aLEpyVRH5gmnge_jfcOI6urQMB0N-PgNIYCGsmHXGLMXV8llS3hpBzgWzSyX7mt4FK_4BGpQBGyhmYwt-UGGKdNy_eUifXPIgpuN5G78NVNWQkUxd-JQ=w1697-h954-no

Dunno if you got a pic of the crossing guard already but here it is

I also own a spec ks caffeine cooler, can confirm it does not show. 

4 hours ago, wundati said:

You forgot about Heavy's sandvich! 

I'm assuming his other food related items work as well

Does anyone know if backpack items such as the buff banner or razorback display a sheen?

i have a spec ks razorback and can confirm that it does not show up ingame or on the loadout screen

damn if the sandwich works then it begs the question about the sammy cap. also heard that the robo sandwich has the same effect as the crossing gaurd, no picture proof yet tho.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, n_n said:

Disguise kit

I've tried to do it before, it doesn't work.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, wundati said:

WcrHfhbl.jpg

Wait, is that my Sandvich? Premium search shows mine is the only one with that sheen/killstreaker combo, I'm the one who applied it so no one else has owned it while it has been killstreak, and yet I do not remember taking this picture.

Anyhow I can confirm both the Rocket Jumper and Sticky Jumper show a sheen.

I can confirm the hand-held shell for the Concheror shows a sheen however I cannot say whether or not the backpack part does, but I assume it doesn't.
Also the Ap-Sap shows a sheen.

Also due to how limited spell casting is, I really haven't been given a good chance to check whether spellbooks apply any sort of sheen despite owning one. I imagine it would probably be restricted to Heavy's fists.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, vohh said:

Besides just universal killstreaks im looking to see if anyone has a screenshot of the menu during the bug where you could restore just a sheen or just a killstreaker from a (kit or weapon or both, idk) this glitch led to some killstreak kits having firehorns but no sheen.

The Pro Killstreaks with an effect but no sheen are actually from a different glitch event and are different from the Restored Kits.

Sheens on non-supported items will show up client wise, if you add the appropriate $sheenmap commands to their respective material files.  

Yet there are priority issues, if you have equipped multiple KS items. 

And some of them only show up in the loadout screen, which also happens to my KS Buff Banner, unless I actively have the correct weapon slot selected.

image.png

On 2/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, Litronom said:

Sheens on non-supported items will show up client wise, if you add the appropriate $sheenmap commands to their respective material files.  

Yet there are priority issues, if you have equipped multiple KS items. 

And some of them only show up in the loadout screen, which also happens to my KS Buff Banner, unless I actively have the correct weapon slot selected.

image.png

by checking each items "$sheenmap" and if there is one or not could we determine which items do or do not show sheen?

19 hours ago, vohh said:

by checking each items "$sheenmap" and if there is one or not could we determine which items do or do not show sheen?

That sure is one way to verify.

Yet I would limit the items to check to only weapons, as cosmetics won't have the command by default (unless they reference a weapons material file. i.e. soda cans on the Bonk Helm)

There may be other factors in play, on how and when to show KS sheens on eligible items tho.

11 minutes ago, Litronom said:

That sure is one way to verify.

Yet I would limit the items to check to only weapons, as cosmetics won't have the command by default (unless they reference a weapons material file. i.e. soda cans on the Bonk Helm)

There may be other factors in play, on how and when to show KS sheens on eligible items tho.

how could i check the code to see this? would i just go through the tf folder and find weapons or do i need to use some sort of program  or something?

8 minutes ago, vohh said:

how could i check the code to see this? would i just go through the tf folder and find weapons or do i need to use some sort of program  or something?

Open the "tf2_misc_dir.vpk" with something like GCFScape, locate the .vmt-files for the weapons (most of them are under "materials/models/weapons/" or "materials/models/workshop/weapons/") and open them with VTFEdit or a text editor of your choice.

Archived