Help! I'm desperate.

Emiralp

Hi, i got into TF2 trading appromixetaly a year ago. Everything was going well until i bought a Strange Killstreak Rocket Launcher with spells "Exorcism" and "Pumpkin Bombs" spell. I bought it for 8 keys (i think) and i've been trying to sell it for 6 months. The problem is, no one wants to buy it! I don't want to sell it lower than 8 keys and it's literally the only thing i have other than metals. Because of that i can't profit or trade at all. I'm stuck, please help me.

8 minutes ago, Emiralp said:

Hi, i got into TF2 trading appromixetaly a year ago. Everything was going well until i bought a Strange Killstreak Rocket Launcher with spells "Exorcism" and "Pumpkin Bombs" spell. I bought it for 8 keys (i think) and i've been trying to sell it for 6 months. The problem is, no one wants to buy it! I don't want to sell it lower than 8 keys and it's literally the only thing i have other than metals. Because of that i can't profit or trade at all. I'm stuck, please help me.

im more confused as to why you would pay 8 keys for something that is probably worth half the price at best since its on a normal strange rocket launcher..adding a nice prof ks rocket kit might help out since people would be more desired to buy a prof ks than a normal ks.

if you cannot afford a prof ks(which is most likely since its usually expensive), you would be best to sell it at a much lesser price than 8 keys

5 minutes ago, Emiralp said:

People are selling the non killstreak version of this for 6-7 keys in backpack.tf though.

well i see a seller for you exact item but with strange parts at 5 keys and even more sellers with same spells for 5 keys as well with strange parts

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?page=3&item=Rocket Launcher&quality=11&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=1

thats one other problem

4 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

im more confused as to why you would pay 8 keys for something that is probably worth half the price at best since its on a normal strange rocket launcher..adding a nice prof ks rocket kit might help out since people would be more desired to buy a prof ks than a normal ks.

if you cannot afford a prof ks(which is most likely since its usually expensive), you would be best to sell it at a much lesser price than 8 keys

By the way, the reason why i paid 8 keys for it cause i was sharked.

5 hours ago, Emiralp said:

sharked

How exactly? And by who? You can't just accuse others for being a shark if you pay too much for their items, unless there's certain circumstances, for example when they lied about the item's value.

3 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

How exactly? And by who? You can't just accuse others for being a shark if you pay too much for their items, unless there's certain circumstanes, for example when they lied about the item's value.

I don't know if i can link people here. And yes, they lied about the item's value.

5 minutes ago, Emiralp said:

I don't know if i can link people here. And yes, they lied about the item's value.

9 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

How exactly? And by who? You can't just accuse others for being a shark if you pay too much for their items, unless there's certain circumstanes, for example when they lied about the item's value.

i feel like spells cant really be considered as a shark because spells dont have actual price...so maybe he is saying its a shark because he didnt know how to trade in the first place.we will wait for his answer but to @Emiralp you shouldnt put his profile here until you tell us the 'shark'

3 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

i feel like spells cant really be considered as a shark because spells dont have actual price...so maybe he is saying its a shark because he didnt know how to trade in the first place.we will wait for his answer but to @Emiralp you shouldnt put his profile here until you tell us the 'shark'

I don't really need to cause turns out he got banned from backpack.tf because of a scam attempt years ago. I was (still am) inexperienced so i didn't check his profile. When i asked for the price he told me that they are usually sold for 10 keys.

Edit: Date

3 hours ago, Emiralp said:

i've been trying to sell it for 6 months

it's literally the only thing i have other than metals

Oh fuck, i was about to say that 6 months is nothing if you master patience, but it is also the case that you have to afford to be patient. With such a backpack, i can definitely understand your desperation, thats crazy.

Do i really have to sell this for 5 keys then? I really don't want to lose them. Earning them was already really hard.

Sometimes taking a loss after a mistake is necessary in order to gain. In 6 months you couldve made toooons of more profit, than just 3 keys (again, for people like me, we can afford to wait for items to sell). For beginners, most of the time speed = profit.

I don't really need to cause turns out he got banned from backpack.tf because of a scam attempt years ago. I was (still am) inexperienced so i didn't check his profile. When i asked for the price he told me that they are usually sold for 10 keys.

Edit: Date

that is still your fault for not making any research or asked anyone for help so no one can say but there is no actual price so i guess he sharked you but it doesnt matter.you didnt lose a lot.just a few keys

15 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Sometimes taking a loss after a mistake is necessary in order to gain. In 6 months you couldve made toooons of more profit, than just 3 keys (again, for people like me, we can afford to wait for items to sell). For beginners, most of the time speed = profit.

Yeah, i just didn't want to accept it and thought i would be able to sell it for at least 6 keys still.

13 hours ago, team fortress 2 gameplay! said:

sorry lil' man. you got sharked. i got too a long time ago, so don't feel so bad. it happens to newbies.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

that is still your fault for not making any research or asked anyone for help so no one can say but there is no actual price so i guess he sharked you but it doesnt matter.you didnt lose a lot.just a few keys

You are right, it was my fault.

Archived