Backpack.tf API Case Sensitivity

Fulgur

Hi, I was wondering if the API serving backpack.tf data could be made so that input is no longer case sensitive. I'm currently working on a chat application that pulls price info for members of my tf2 discord server for quick price checks, and I'd really like it if we didn't have to capitalize item names to get price data. Applying title case across the board doesn't really work without a bunch of workarounds. The "of" in HOUWAR needs to be lowercase, and typing "PDA" for the construction PDA is a bit niggly.
"

You could validate their input and fix it as necessary, because I don't see them refactoring the entire API to be case-insensitive anytime soon

Using some predictive logic is what I ended up doing. However, this is a place for feature requests, so I am simply requesting a feature-- I don't need any feedback from anyone who isn't employed by ScrapTF.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, Fulgur said:

Using some predictive logic is what I ended up doing. However, this is a place for feature requests, so I am simply requesting a feature-- I don't need any feedback from anyone who isn't employed by ScrapTF.

I apologize for giving you a practical solution and a realistic answer.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, Zeus_Junior said:

Theres this https://backpack.tf/developer/particles

Not sure what you'd want in an api for it

Regarding case sensitivity, could be a nice change. But you should be able to use the tf2 schema and get the correct name that way if you need it.

Thanks for pointing this out to me! I didn't know about this file previously.

Archived