unboxing case-only unusuals is an issue

ZealLad77

Imagine some Halloween 2019 or Smissmass 2019 unusuals on some crate hats, like a TC or a Crones Dome. Imagine how much livelier our community would be if the new effects that came out were available on crate-hats instead of just shitty case-only hats...How can we get valve to allow new unusual unboxings with crates again :/? I'm sure it would make them more money too

I had a thought the other day that valve now only allows new effects on cases due to the all-class crate. If you look at 2016 Halloween, where people could unbox the new effects on crates. There were a shit tone all-class hats unboxed due to the all class crate. Idk just a thought. 

1 minute ago, Morgana said:

I had a thought the other day that valve now only allows new effects on cases due to the all-class crate. If you look at 2016 Halloween, where people could unbox the new effects on crates. There were a shit tone all-class hats unboxed due to the all class crate. Idk just a thought. 

Why don't they just stop distributing the all-class crate? Either way we need new effects on crate hats again I can't stand this

Well also keep in mind that the unusual chances for Halloween 2016 were doubled, so I doubt there would be as many all class unusuals if it wasn’t.

Remember the shit storm of halloween 2016? we dont need dozens of more god tiers flooding the market,just look at how many insomnia crones,hong kongs and laws exist

1 hour ago, pot head wabbit said:

Remember the shit storm of halloween 2016? we dont need dozens of more god tiers flooding the market,just look at how many insomnia crones,hong kongs and laws exist

Again that's because as the other dude said the unbox rate was 2% rather then 1%, besides, are you REALLY saying having new god-tier crones, hong kongs & ke's is a BAD thing for an economy? 

2 hours ago, Brother Spook said:

Again that's because as the other dude said the unbox rate was 2% rather then 1%, besides, are you REALLY saying having new god-tier crones, hong kongs & ke's is a BAD thing for an economy? 

Hmm, I would say due to the fact of the unbox rate being doubled more people unboxed during the event. Which furthermore increased the unusuals in existance.

Because, at this point, TF2 as a source of income is somewhat negligible at this point for Valve, but TF2 as a test environment for economic experiments for other games is priceless.

I.e. at this point, I highly doubt Valve is all too worried about coming up with big ways to juice their income from TF2 itself, but I suspect they mostly see it as a testing ground to see what happens to an economy if they independently pull one lever at a time and if that could mean better monetization on the rest of Steam or their other games. Right now, that lever seems to be retiring the new Winter 2019 effects even from the new case to see how it impacts demand for the case and the existing hats with the effects (assuming it's intentional and not just a long-running bug).

8 hours ago, Brother Spook said:

Imagine some Halloween 2019 or Smissmass 2019 unusuals on some crate hats, like a TC or a Crones Dome. Imagine how much livelier our community would be if the new effects that came out were available on crate-hats instead of just shitty case-only hats...How can we get valve to allow new unusual unboxings with crates again :/? I'm sure it would make them more money too

Personally, I just find it easier to care about and work towards what actually exists and is obtainable than bitching about a hypothetical pipe dream. It's worked out pretty well for me so far.

19 hours ago, Brother Spook said:

Why don't they just stop distributing the all-class crate? Either way we need new effects on crate hats again I can't stand this

Because its the most popular crate, they arent going to remove one of their best selling items lol

14 hours ago, Uncle Dang said:

Right now, that lever seems to be retiring the new Winter 2019 effects even from the new case to see how it impacts demand for the case and the existing hats with the effects (assuming it's intentional and not just a long-running bug).

When you inspect a case in game the effect list includes all the smissmas effects. I'm not certain that that list is accurate or the other list you'd see on its scm page for example is accurate but I suspect they're not actually retired. I can't say I'm willing to unbox hundreds of those cases to verify whether my theory is true or not and don't have any way of proving either side of the argument, but I'm thinking they're not actually retired like people are thinking

2 hours ago, Alecto said:

When you inspect a case in game the effect list includes all the smissmas effects. I'm not certain that that list is accurate or the other list you'd see on its scm page for example is accurate but I suspect they're not actually retired. I can't say I'm willing to unbox hundreds of those cases to verify whether my theory is true or not and don't have any way of proving either side of the argument, but I'm thinking they're not actually retired like people are thinking

It wasn't listed on the effect list for a few weeks, but now I see that they are readded. Given that, I think it's almost certainly the case that they are unboxable in the event case just like any other series.

Basically, disregard what I said specifically about the new winter effects (but maybe it was in fact a temporary experiment?)

Archived