Question about halloween effects

Alexwall

I was wondering if any of you know of a trading site where I can search by halloween spells. I ask because I'm looking to hopefully get something with a footstep spell on it, but I've had a hard time even searching for items with the effect.

I don't think most trading sites even have such a feature, backpack.tf included. If you are looking for spelled items, I suggest looking through classifieds, sorting by "highest first" for cosmetics of non-unusual quality.

I remember there being a Chrome extension that allowed you to search for them on Backpack, but I forget the name. (I never used it, I just know it's a thing that exists).

Marketplace lets you search for spells, but it's pretty much nothing but highballs on there, and I think the "Recently Listed" will update spelled items to the top when non-spelled variants of the same item are listed. e.g. I see a "new listing" for a spelled Level Three Chin on there several times a week, but it's always been the single Voices one every time. Same story for basically every other cosmetic.

Other than buying a script that autosearches Premium for specific spells, this is your best bet for backpack.tf: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tf2-trading-enhanced/ceplnfffelfmoahckkalagpmipjfcncc?hl=en-US. It speeds up riffling through classifieds. 

If you want to search the SCM, click on the advanced search options. Underneath the search box is a check box that allows you to include the description in the search. Check this box, then enter in a keyword like "chromatic" and search away. 

8 hours ago, Norah said:

I remember there being a Chrome extension that allowed you to search for them on Backpack, but I forget the name. (I never used it, I just know it's a thing that exists).

Marketplace lets you search for spells, but it's pretty much nothing but highballs on there, and I think the "Recently Listed" will update spelled items to the top when non-spelled variants of the same item are listed. e.g. I see a "new listing" for a spelled Level Three Chin on there several times a week, but it's always been the single Voices one every time. Same story for basically every other cosmetic.

9 times out of 10 theres a trader with bots that'll beat you to the cheap spelled items, its going to take persistence and you cant afford to be fussy

On 1/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, D.Alex said:

For example https://marketplace.tf/browse/tf2?sspell=footprint_team_spirit if you don't mind searching for every different footprint spell separately.

Thanks! That'll work for now. 

On 1/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, Pineapple Pizza said:

Other than buying a script that autosearches Premium for specific spells, this is your best bet for backpack.tf: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tf2-trading-enhanced/ceplnfffelfmoahckkalagpmipjfcncc?hl=en-US. It speeds up riffling through classifieds. 

If you want to search the SCM, click on the advanced search options. Underneath the search box is a check box that allows you to include the description in the search. Check this box, then enter in a keyword like "chromatic" and search away. 

I'll check that out, seems useful for more than just what I'm looking for 

On 1/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, goon said:

tftrade.net

Thanks!

On 1/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, Pineapple Pizza said:

just tried that plugin, it doesnt work

Archived