What is a better idea?

Shinden

So, I need a new equipment for gaming and I have in mind 2 options:

~Cash out now and add my bank money(around 50% of eq value)

~or trade up buying quicksells etc with my keys and build some money with trading

Which option is better  in your opinion?

42 minutes ago, Shinden said:

So, I need a new equipment for gaming and I have in mind 2 options:

~Cash out now and add my bank money(around 50% of eq value)

~or trade up buying quicksells etc with my keys and build some money with trading

Which option is better  in your opinion?

Cash out now, if an item is being quicksold it's likley you wont see a pure return from it (anytime soon) unless its a cash out similar to you. This could very much be the opposite of what you wanna do though, which mostly depends on the amount of cash you need and what you'd get from cashing out now. 

It’s a time-based problem. If you want to play the trading game and you have loads of time to wait on your returns, trading can work out in the long-run. If you want to play any other games, or don’t have that much time, then maybe cashing out and enjoying the new equipment is the way to go.

I don’t know what factors are important to you, but if it was my decision I would cash out and enjoy the new equipment. If you want to get back into trading again, it’s always an option for you.

Good luck!

I would cash out and buy whatever you want, but keep an eye out for any fantastic flips in that time. I "cashed out", a few months ago, but I kept an eye on the market after that and ended up using a small amount of the money I'd got from that to start passively trading again, and I've managed to buy what I wanted outside of TF2 with that money and keep my backpack value in a similar spot to where it was before I sold the lot.

Basically, prioritise your equipment. However if a fantastic deal shows itself and you're in a position to get it with little impact on your funds, I wouldn't turn your nose up at it.

I would recommend to do both! Who says you can't trade for a short while longer before cashing out, while still leaving some capitol to start trading up again? 

Hope this helps.

Archived