#6 bp.tf inventory is trade banned.

Yurchik*

This is "Backpack.tf Forum" so you could've said "Trade Banned on Steam" to make it clear and avoid possible confusion. And I'm curious myself, by the way.

Jesus, I'm pretty sure this is because of the impersonators. and Valve showing us that they're completely incompetent (as always). 64k, this is the biggest trade ban ?

9 minutes ago, humann said:

Jesus, I'm pretty sure this is because of the impersonators. and Valve showing us that they're completely incompetent (as always). 64k, this is the biggest trade ban ?

I do remember when DX got trade banned though he got unbanned in a day or so, idk how much was bp at those moment.

5 minutes ago, shitibomb said:

I know wtf I was planning on buying hats from him and then all of a sudden - Trade banned, vac banned, privated inventory...

The VAC ban is nothing new.

investing on steam huge amounts always a bad idea considered how bad and poor their customer service is. I hope this guy gets unbanned if he got banned by mistake

If i had to make a guess i'd assume it was either a change in location or mobile device and due to the quantity and amount of his trades he makes valve probably flagged it as suspicious. 

That's just a guess though, could be any range of things. 

image.png.c494ecbc31ad74ae22715d1c51643c0c.png

Evidence to support this, it uses the word "currently" which would imply it's just a temporary restriction/ban. 

Could've also possibly been his account was hijacked. 

4 hours ago, Bayworks said:

odd that he privated his bp

The private inventory is an automatic process to the trade-banning that i have no control over. I wasn't even awake by the time you commented.

3 hours ago, Melancholy Sky said:

If i had to make a guess i'd assume it was either a change in location or mobile device and due to the quantity and amount of his trades he makes valve probably flagged it as suspicious. 

Evidence to support this, it uses the word "currently" which would imply it's just a temporary ban.

Nah i haven't logged in from any other device outside of the ones i use recently, nor have i changed my mobile. The "temporary" ban lasts for 10 years. As far as i'm concerned, I can only find that info on the SCM. i haven't really looked too much into this yet, the most i've done is sent a support ticket to steam, so hopefully i'll get more info in the next few days (2-3 months).

4 hours ago, Roi said:

investing on steam huge amounts always a bad idea

Don't worry bout me in terms of finance, i work two casual jobs currently, i never relied on trading as a source of income, nor did i let it affect me irl. But yeah you're right, investing in steam alone is pretty unreliable.

Something similar happened to 2OG a few years back, and his issue got resolved within a few days. Difference between this and the 2OG situation is that both 2OG and his impersonators got banned, meanwhile my impersonators are unaffected. I think. I only checked one impersonator's account so i didn't do a thorough search.

To answer everyone's question as to why i got banned, i really don't know. I wish i could tell you why, but i only really found out when i got pinged on discord this morning. All the info i have right now is the ban on my profile, and the expiry date on the SCM. There was no notification, no email, nothing. All i can do is wait and see what happens.

Logging in on a pc allows me to now see an account alert that I couldn't see on mobile:

image.png.33e1022251f36c6f836ea13c6718a94a.png  

No new info as to why I'm banned though, unfortunately. Also checked my inventory history to see if anything got moved around, or got deleted, and there's nothing new there, apart from the few SCM listings that got auto-cancelled. Thought maybe I ended up with some fraudulent keys, similar to what was happening with the EoTL keys a couple years back, as I recall they got deleted from people's inventories along with a short trade suspension, but there's no evidence of that happening, nor do I recall trading with anyone suspicious.

But hey, I'll keep everyone posted if anything new comes up.

1 hour ago, Jarool said:

Logging in on a pc allows me to now see an account alert that I couldn't see on mobile:

image.png.33e1022251f36c6f836ea13c6718a94a.png  

Contact steam support ASAP

7 minutes ago, JayTee said:

Contact steam support ASAP

2 hours ago, Jarool said:

the most i've done is sent a support ticket to steam, so hopefully i'll get more info in the next few days (2-3 months).

if your first ticket gets a negative answer by the support tech, don't give up. just send another ticket and hopefully another support tech will answer, with a better resolution to your problem

when I got scammed back in 2015 and tried to recover (a.k.a. dupe) my unusuals. the first support tech who answered my ticket said "ohh we can't do anything, sorry"

I didn't give up, and on my THIRD ticket to the support, another support tech answered. he said "Ok, we will recover your unusuals only this time" (I still remember his name until today)

that's very unfair and sad. I'm pretty sure you will get unbanned soon. I wish you the best of luck!

Valve will never give you a reason as to any action taken against you, only case I've had was likely with an accidental trigger of their anti fraud when I was buying an unusual a while back to which the lock was removed after a ticket. Steam support is very secretive about why they ban so its likely we would never know, even if its lifted.

5 hours ago, Jarool said:

fraudulent keys, similar to what was happening with the EoTL keys a couple years back

What happened with EoTL keys? (I started playing somewhere before then but wasnt into the trading scene at the time)

3 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

What happened with EoTL keys? (I started playing somewhere before then but wasnt into the trading scene at the time)

I think there was something that allowed them to be instantly tradeable when bought from the in game mannco store, so people would use stolen credit cards to buy huge quantities of these, sell them cheap for cash, and then when valve would receive notice from the relevant bank like a day or so later, they would just lock whoever's backpack it happened to be in.

3 hours ago, Ninjah said:

I think there was something that allowed them to be instantly tradeable when bought from the in game mannco store, so people would use stolen credit cards to buy huge quantities of these, sell them cheap for cash, and then when valve would receive notice from the relevant bank like a day or so later, they would just lock whoever's backpack it happened to be in.

i think it was the 'gifted' ones that affected this and the scammer would 'gift' those keys to their alt hence making it tradable.correct me if im wrong

9 hours ago, Ninjah said:

Valve had implemented the 1 week wait on all store bought items, including EOTL keys, to prevent credit card fraud, but they accidentally left a loophole with the pile of EOTL key gifts. The gift pile itself had the 1 week wait, but the keys did not have any restrictions whatsoever. Fraudsters would use a throwaway account with a stolen card, get themselves and all their friends crammed into a server, and endlessly pump more EOTL keys into their accounts to trade or sell off.

Archived