Trying to take my account?

CyprusRabbit

Pretty basic scam, a good rule of thumb is to never endorse a site that you aren't personally familiar with. The ONLY sites I would recommend you endorse are sites like trade.tf and mannco.trade. But even that's only if you use them. Make sure to block the user and report them.

6 hours ago, Nikspy said:

Pretty basic scam, a good rule of thumb is to never endorse a site that you aren't personally familiar with. The ONLY sites I would recommend you endorse are sites like trade.tf and mannco.trade. But even that's only if you use them. Make sure to block the user and report them.

didnt even recommend this site but okay..

6 hours ago, CyprusRabbit said:

how does it work

What happens is that when you log in their site,you basically gave them your account log in infos so they have your steam id and password. However they cannot make trades as they need ur phone. So they create some sort of program that can change a trade you make in a short period of time. Example like you made a trade offer of your items for my items but after you make the trade, the program will quickly cancel the trade YOU MADE and makes another trade but this time your items for nothing on other side and the account whom you're giving your items to is to one of the scammer's alt account. This is when you must check the trade on your phone and ensure you are getting items.

Just a heads up, one of the main variants is someone asking if you want to join their team. If you decline, they'll ask that you vote for their team. In both cases they send you a link to their fake team site, which has a fake Steam login page.

Be very careful out there!

22 hours ago, CyprusRabbit said:

how does it work

The link leads to a fake gambling site. The scammer will say that in order to receive your payment, you need to enter the lottery and he will make you the winner since he own the site. To prove that he can do this, he will first ask you to select one random participant from the the site which are basically bots and make them win. If you fall for this and enter the lottery, he makes you win to gain your trust even more and now if you try to withdraw the item, it doesn't allow you because if you have read the FAQ, there is a requirement that in order to withdraw, you need to win atleast 2 time and since you have won 1st time and trust the scammer, chances are that you enter the lottery one more time. And this is how you get scammed

Archived