Bots should NOT bump buy orders if they AREN'T looking to buy anything at all

Kacer

As the titles says. It's incredibly stupid to send trade offers through various active bumping bots, only to get them rejected. 

Bots shouldn't bump buy orders, if they are either overstocked or not even looking for an active purchase. It also bypasses/overlaps legitimate buy orders.

As stated:

Classifieds

6. It is your responsibility to keep your listings up to date and accurate. If you are found to be repeatedly changing your mind after receiving offers, you will receive a ban.

https://backpack.tf/rules

bot.jpg

2 hours ago, soz said:

But think about the poor coders 😔

"bUt dYnAmIc pRiCeS cAn bE eXpLoItEd"

Setting bounds for dynamic state based listings: B i g  b r a i n  t i m e 

Someone just sold it to them too quickly before the listing was updated to reflect it, you can blame Valve on this one for not providing API calls frequently enough

14 hours ago, Uncle Dang said:

Someone just sold it to them too quickly before the listing was updated to reflect it, you can blame Valve on this one for not providing API calls frequently enough

You don't need half an hour to remove a buy order. I checked if the item was on the bots inventory, in which it already was. I even added the bot, requested a buy order and got a message back declining my offer with the reason of it being overstocked while still actively bumping the same buy order. It's not the only bot doing this.  

I would have not gotten pissed, if the item wasn't on his inventory due a possible inventory downtime/refresh. But that's not the case. 

It's plain and simple false advertising which pisses off many users. 

@Jarool

Correct Marketing Automation > Reporting tremendous amount of bots.

Automatically canceling a buy out order isn't necessarily something impossible.

For the others, I'm not talking about bots ruining the economy. Please take your toxicity somewhere else.

16 hours ago, Uncle Dang said:

If it can message the user it's overstocked then it can call backpack api to remove the listing, where is valve to blame here?

2 hours ago, Kacer said:

requested a buy order and got a message back declining my offer with the reason of it being overstocked while still actively bumping the same buy order.

If it's true that the order was still there even after the bot telling someone no then that is the bot's fault for not having a call to immediately remove the listing when it detects an overstock. (this is still in response to uncle dang, just quoting kacer for that bolded part)

Archived