Question About Duped Items

ChrisPy Bacon

When an item is duped and you are selling it, do you have to say it’s duped? I know it’s easy to find out if an item is duped, but I’m curious.

It depends on the item. for me if i have an unusual worth 30 keys or lesser, i dont state it as it doesn't really matter  but some people care for the discount. If you list it on the bp.tf classifieds, you cannot say its clean.just dont say its duped. 

If you dont you run the risk of someone buying it then coming back 2 days later and going "HEY GIVE REFUND YOU DIDNT SAY IT WAS DUPED GRRRR", so you still should say if its duped or not unless it's a like 20 key or less unusual (even though itd be the buyer's own damn fault for not checking the item history.)

Though, nothing bad can actually happen to you if you dont say its duped unless you say or try to claim that its clean when it's not, such as if you claim its clean while chatting about negotiating or say "CLEAN!" in your bp.tf listing.

It's the responsibility of the buyer to check if an item is duped or not.

Most people don't care and some try to lowball if your item is duped but it shouldn't affect the value of the item unless it's a high tier item...

No reason to say. Can if you want but it does nothing but make your items look less appealing to some. I'd just leave it out. As you say, it's easy to find out if an item is clean or not, that's on the buyer to know.

"Duped" is a strong word: Use "unclean" instead

e.g. "Selling an unclean Festive Tree..." as opposed to "Selling a DUPED Festive Tree..."

😉

Probably worth mentioning if you are heavily discounting it compared to other sellers/suggested price. Lets people know you are discounting because it's duped and not because you are trying to quicksell it (not that big of a difference but could make a difference in how people try to haggle with you, ie if they think it's a QS they might try to get you to lower even more because it's duped.)

I wouldn't mention it, but don't be surprised if people try to get the better end of a deal off of you by saying they wouldn't pay full price on your duped hat... A bit ridiculous but I guess people gotta make a living somehow.

Destroy item histories!

Seriously.. everything looks the same in game. 

The idea that someone paid $13,300 for a clean burning tc for personal use and a duped burning tc can't sell for $4,300 blows my mind. 

Archived