How to gather Proof via. Discord chats etc.?

Mr.Oda

As you know, it is common these days that scammers wanna lure you to other chats, like discord, as most Reporting sites do not accept that as evidence. 

I was curious, if there is any way to gather actualy evidence for a report when that happens? 
Or is it still not accepted as evidence in any way?

thx

It is accepted if you can prove that they're the same user you talked to on steam.

This can be done by opening discord in a web browser, and seeing if they have a steam account linked to their discord account 

image.png.fa40d307ea1f458a21e49ea1b0c4a681.png

If you, in a web browser, hover over the highlighted square their profile URL will appear in the bottom corner of your browser, take an uncropped screenshot of that and provide it with the report.

Isn't that sort of a best case-scenario? Any scammer worth their salt would either just un-link them or if they really wanna be thorough just make a burner account.

4 hours ago, Milk Man said:

Isn't that sort of a best case-scenario? Any scammer worth their salt would either just un-link them or if they really wanna be thorough just make a burner account.

Just dont switch from steam to discord in the middle of the conversation, because its harder to prove it

6 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

It is accepted if you can prove that they're the same user you talked to on steam.

This can be done by opening discord in a web browser, and seeing if they have a steam account linked to their discord account 

image.png.fa40d307ea1f458a21e49ea1b0c4a681.png

If you, in a web browser, hover over the highlighted square their profile URL will appear in the bottom corner of your browser, take an uncropped screenshot of that and provide it with the report.

hm ok, thx. 
But if it is not linked? 
That is the main part of my question. 
I know this is a red flag and everything, I just wanna know there is any way to report a case like that.

• Administrators

If it's not linked, you can't use it. You're reporting a steam account, not a discord account. If you cannot prove they are owned by the same person, then discord chat is irrelevant.

Common sense is almost always disregarded in these cases and no effort is made to find the truth.

Like, there is screenshot of Steam Chat showing accused being interested in an item and then suggesting to use Discord. 

Then you can see item going to the account of accused and nothing goes the other way.

The case is declared closed with insufficient evidence. 

Trying to contact the accused and find their part of the story? Nah, never ...

Archived