I need help on finding good quicksells

Wanting to begin trading

So I'm at 5 keys now, and I'm beginning to get nearer and nearer to unusual quicksells, but I need help.

I mainly need help on what factors should I go into for a quicksell and what makes the quicksell "quicksellable".

I normally do not recommend quicksells, but since you won't have very many keys, you don't have much of a choice... Right now third gens are still fairly cheap, so you can start there. DO NOT buy effects like aces high or dead presidents at all. I recommend disco beat down, cloud 9, kill a watt, etc. to start. Also don't get them on robo hats, they're almost impossible to sell. Get these effects on average tier hats. Go onto scrap.tf under unusuals to see what you can get. You can get tons of great stuff for under 10 keys. (This isn't required, but you should try to get a hat that is the only one on the market, so you won't have competition when selling).

Go to outpost, and scroll through as much as possible, add everybody who you think has an Unusual you could try to buy and talk to them, try to negotiate and eventually you'll get yourself some nice deals. 

I would recommend starting to buy Unusuals at 10-13 Keys, since 3rd Gens just flood the market at this Point. I would look for a 2nd or 1st Gen untiered, non-robo Hat which is discounted by atleast 30% and isn't exclusively worn by Medic or Heavy, since those are relatively hard to sell. If you found a good Hat, check the price, If it's priced less than a year ago and look at the Sellers and see how many there are. And after all that, I would try negotiating with the seller if it isn't a bot (don't do it if they say explicitly say to not add them). To sell them I always go to Firepowered Tradeserver or to Vatican-city. 

Welp, that's about it hope you are succesful

10 hours ago, Puddy Tat said:

Go to outpost, and scroll through as much as possible, add everybody who you think has an Unusual you could try to buy and talk to them, try to negotiate and eventually you'll get yourself some nice deals. 

The new "outpost" is bad, you'll only find quickbuyers that offer you below buyers on your stuff because "I buy 30% off" in 99% of cases.

Believe me, TF2 is a dumpster fire at this point, you will have no problem finding quicksells. The only thing is to make sure that the hat you buy is actually good and will likely have a buyer who keeps it at some point, is a real quicksell and not just discounted from an inaccurate sticker price, and that you only buy for marginally above current buy orders (for most hats anyway, special cases like miscs and Halloweens are more liquid than buy orders would suggest, but these are out of your price range for now).

On 12/3/2019 at 5:49 AM, rndmchrs said:

The new "outpost" is bad, you'll only find quickbuyers that offer you below buyers on your stuff because "I buy 30% off" in 99% of cases.

Yeah why would you believe that people who have quick buy shops and stuff setup is going to give you good prices? Outpost is great because it is almost it's own separate trading eco-system. Almost every good trade I've made in the past couple months has been from outpost. Making trades sucks there, nobody offers, but adding people who are selling stuff and offering on their items works really well. It takes some persistence and time but it works.

12 minutes ago, Puddy Tat said:

Making trades sucks there, nobody offers, but adding people who are selling stuff and offering on their items works really well.

You're obviously a new trader if you think so.

And your very special method of scrolling down that list is so unreasonable and a huge dumb time waste lol, just go on unusual trade servers where people actually quicksell their stuff.

Just now, rndmchrs said:

You're obviously a new trader if you think so.

I've been trading on and off since 2014, and have cashed out several thousands of dollars each time. However outpost has helped me make 600 keys in just over a month. It is been the fastest and easiest trading ever and people claim that trading is dead. So I'd like to know why you believe that adding people to negotiate and offer is a bad idea?

25 minutes ago, AR3M said:

I've been trading on and off since 2014, and have cashed out several thousands of dollars each time. However outpost has helped me make 600 keys in just over a month. It is been the fastest and easiest trading ever and people claim that trading is dead. So I'd like to know why you believe that adding people to negotiate and offer is a bad idea?

Time waste.

19 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

Time waste.

If you're not interested in investing time then that your problem. The more time you invest the more money you will make, it's quite simple. If you're good at negotiating then all it takes is a couple tries and you'll soon land a deal that is way worth your time. Otherwise you can buy an Unusual, list in on the classified and wait weeks for someone to make a worthwhile offer.

6 hours ago, AR3M said:

If you're not interested in investing time then that your problem. The more time you invest the more money you will make, it's quite simple. If you're good at negotiating then all it takes is a couple tries and you'll soon land a deal that is way worth your time. Otherwise you can buy an Unusual, list in on the classified and wait weeks for someone to make a worthwhile offer.

Then don't use backpack.tf if you're not happy with it. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, rndmchrs said:

Then don't use backpack.tf if you're not happy with it. Simple as that.

What on earth does any of this have to do with not liking Backpack.tf? I'm just explaining how outpost is a very useful website, contrary to what you claim. I of course love Backpack.tf, it's the greatest trading website there is - why wouldn't I want to use it lmfao, get a grip.

Archived