Molly

Getting into competitive

Molly

I’m kinda tired and stuck with my skill in casual and mge servers. I top score often no matter what class i play (excluding spy and pyro because i dont find them any fun) I have bought the comp pass but its trash, only queued against aimbots and garbage players. Also I have tried using faceit but never got any luck finding a game there. 
So my question is how can I get into competitive games to improve my skill and get better in the game.

I have over 2700 hours in TF2

mike_ers

Competitive Lobbies, typically low to mid skill level: https://tf2center.com/

Competitive Pugs, typically higher skill level: https://eu.pug.champ.gg/

Leagues to check out: ETF2L, UGCLeague, RGL.GG, TFCL

There's also a few discord / steam groups like Newbie Mixes.

Pixxi0us

Go to http://etf2l.org/ and you should be able to see label saying Recruitment.
Click there and you will be able to sort by users that are looking for teams or teams that are looking for specific classes.

To create your own recruitment post just click on your picture (top left) -> dashboard - recruitment and then you select if you want to play either 6´s or Highlander, the class you want to play and the division. I reccomend you go OPEN which is the lowest division and is where people start.
ETF2L discord in case you need more detailed tips - https://discord.gg/UnYvwN

Regarding tf2new, there wont be any more matches there, the season is over and the next one will be in a couple of months.

Badhitreg

I've subbed for my friend's UGC team over the summer but before playing on a team I'd suggest getting coached, watching competitive matches and tournaments, and playing pugs. Pug (pick up game) groups such as the one RGL has for Prolander are a great way to learn how to play without risking bringing a team down.

Captainfluffy
3 hours ago, Badhitreg said:

groups such as the one RGL has for Prolander are a great way to learn how to play without risking bringing a team down.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:41 PM, Molly said:

You can still bring your team down. yet it you get punished by a pillow to the face, instead of a sledge hammer it's simple business.(next part ment for OP) like i have played my share of seasons in comp (about 9-10 seasons on heavy) in ugc, etf2l and rgl and really if you wanna hop onto comp you gotta prepare a fair bit imo it's not just a hop in straight on you go. you gotta know the basic's and adv things about tf2. not just topscoring in pubs that just shows you are slightly more competent then the avg human pubber (and pixxious :^)  and have a bit better Dm than pixxious :^) like the other lot said try getting into pugs getting coached, watching competitive matches and tournaments, get a real good feel for it. get in contact with comp players to ask for more personal advice on what classes would be reccomended for you to play and what not

Shinden

I have comp team just login to link I'll give you and give all your steam details, to get there for free!!!!!111!!1

Captainfluffy
1 hour ago, Shinden said:

I have comp team just login to link I'll give you and give all your steam details, to get there for free!!!!!111!!1

yea no buddy, you trying to phish em or something? this is red flags all over what you just said,untop of that i cant find you on etf2l nor ugc and not even rgl...

Badhitreg
12 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

yea no buddy, you trying to phish em or something? this is red flags all over what you just said,untop of that i cant find you on etf2l nor ugc and not even rgl...

Yikes you're special

Captainfluffy
56 minutes ago, Badhitreg said:

Yikes you're special

*back pedal ingaged*

Just noticed what he said. R/whoosh

I really need to stop going to this forum when i am tired

Badhitreg
28 minutes ago, Captainfluffy said:

*back pedal ingaged*

Just noticed what he said. R/whoosh

I really need to stop going to this forum when i am tired

Mmk

Shinden
18 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Man it was a joke lol