Just got my first unusual, any tips?

Jappuknees

After months of on and off trading, I managed to get myself a DP Tyrantium Helmet, though I kinda wanna work up to getting a proper unusual (A medic hat to be exact), can I ask for a few tips on how can I trade up for it?
Already checked those "guides" and yet I still get things confused and they're not really explained that well.

well, wym trade up for it? depending on how much you paid for it, how much it normally goes for, demand for it, etc, more specific advice could be given, but its not really clear what youre asking?

(add me if you need help) 

looking at your hat i feel yours will be a hard to sell hat though that wont stop no upcoming trader :D first of have a general idea what you are looking for. (which you have)

then look at you hat, DP is not a very wanted effect, making demand for it low, same goes for the the robo hats some robo hats sell well, yet most of them don't.

mainly look at what price it has, what the sellers are selling it for and is it outdated or not, this matters mainly for unu trading. duped doesn't matter as much in low tier trading then it does in mid-high tier trading

other things to mention is that just because you think you see profit in a hat doesnt mean its there. Example: little bob has 12 keys to buy a quicksell and he sees a hat worth 24 keys! yet its being sold at 12 keys! "WOAW" he says that's a great deal. yet there he F*CKS UP he doesnt notice the price being outdated by 2 years and there are multiple other sellers at 13 and 14 keyS, which  ussualy means the hat is overpriced.... dont BUY this kinda hat ever unless for keeping purposes, always and i mean ALWAYS check any all stats of hats,misc's you name it. has it sold recently? how long has the seller had it for? has the hat had a recent update to its price? i can keep adding to the list. 

main tip for trading up? please check the stats. i have helped alot of small traders get up to a 50 key backpacks Even more than that and i kept telling them check stats cause to many times they  dont check the hat and buy it on impulse with out thinking of anything

and just dug them selfs a hole which they cant get out of cause the hat wont sell

TL:DR CHECK STATS/CHECK HAT

7 hours ago, soz said:

Don't get scammed

Everyone is scamming

Even you Also fuck, you got ahead of me xd Thats the best possible answer for his question

On 11/27/2019 at 5:49 PM, Ashannabuda said:

Don't try to do the buying/selling quicksells trend, will not get you anywhere unless you're having hundreds/thousands of keys

Why not

Trading nowadays can be quite difficult as a new trader because the places in which you make good money now require you to have an understanding of the economy and Unusuals that is far better than most other people. You can try to do the whole quickbuy/quicksell method if you're only looking to make a small sum of profit to buy yourself a nice hat, since you can do it pretty safely and there is very little in the way of risks that could cause you to fuck something up and lose money. 

Archived