Fifth dimension

Connieis

It's triple weighted by being listed on the effect list 3 times, just like Omniscient Orb and Clairvoyance were last year (and comparing the frequencies of hats across effects heavily suggested those were in fact the odds)

4 hours ago, Connieis said:

Is it just me or is fifth dimension unboxed far more than any of the other effects? I thought that all effects we're equal unbox rate

well having seen the same thing happen last year, i stayed well away from the over-hyped 5th and woods. clearly it's obvious from the list and the first few days that indeed if they list it twice or 3 times it has that many times the chance of unboxing. valve has a lot of faults, but they do make it obvious for those who take the time to look :)

I'm pretty sure effects do not have equal unbox rates. I remember hearing from a credible source that high-tier effects are actually unboxed less than low-tiers. It certainly seems true if you look at the backpack stats for 1st and 2nd gens. An exception seems to be nebula, which is by far the most common invasion effect. Also, anybody notice how many unusual miscs there are? Look at the number of racks compared to soldier hats released around the same time.

I don't think distribution will make much of a difference this year since less people have unboxed this year compared to the previous year.

And the effects for the hats specific to their halloween cases have been contained in their own price margin, so even if there are significantly more fifth dimension hats coming out of the Spooky Spoils case, it won't really effect the market for the hats in other cases.

The numbers for the unusuals unboxed were definitely more noticeable during the first two weeks of unboxing, but seeing that there could be three more dimensional hats than another halloween effect (and not counting them being grouped by their different colors), I don't see it making a big impact on it's price

And this is coming from someone who dislikes the fifth dimension effect.

5 hours ago, Buddy said:

I'm pretty sure effects do not have equal unbox rates. I remember hearing from a credible source that high-tier effects are actually unboxed less than low-tiers. It certainly seems true if you look at the backpack stats for 1st and 2nd gens. An exception seems to be nebula, which is by far the most common invasion effect. Also, anybody notice how many unusual miscs there are? Look at the number of racks compared to soldier hats released around the same time.

Or high tiers are rare because rarer effect are high tier

Archived