I would like some feedback for my recent SFM images.

velgis

So I'm still pretty new to Source Filmmaker (as of now I've logged 12 hours?).  Here's the two images I've done, if you're willing to take a look!

EB43CEEDBA169E654D7C7FF281BCBDB498691DB8CCAE841ED9A04CEC31E04BE760EFFCE6E32E320A

Any and all constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated, since I'm just starting out.

Just now, ryan coke said:

Good, average, generic, are the first words to pop into my mind.

Thank you for the feedback, I understand they're pretty basic so far. I'm looking into making better poses and more dynamic lighting for the next time.

1 hour ago, Heroic_Object said:

For just starting these are really good. Simple yet clean. Keep at it!

58 minutes ago, Keks said:

pretty nice lighting for a beginner

33 minutes ago, Norah said:

Pretty slick! I know it's a weird thing to focus on, but I like the framing on these, nice shots.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll definitely do my best to keep it up, and do even better :)

Mainly i find the cosmetic choise for the solly abit to much, a simpler loadout would fit better cause its a eye sore right now, mabye a classiefied coif, mistaken november. Modest pile of scrap or hat

Saying they're decent would be an understatement... It has good lighting, resolution/image quality, and I see the use of aperture and focal distance which are all a big thumbs up.

IMO, adding particle effects would bring the posters more life and make it look more appealing overall. Maybe also doing post-edits in Photoshop would make it look better 😉

Other than that, keep up the good work!

They're great considering you're newer, but decent all-around, it probably won't take you long to make some seriously high quality stuff man. (You're doing far better than all the people on r/tf2 that post "my first sfm! :D" and it's a Fullbright image of a couple hatless characters in default/taunt poses)

5 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

Mainly i find the cosmetic choise for the solly abit to much, a simpler loadout would fit better cause its a eye sore right now, mabye a classiefied coif, mistaken november. Modest pile of scrap or hat

5 hours ago, vAGUe said:

Saying they're decent would be an understatement... It has good lighting, resolution/image quality, and I see the use of aperture and focal distance which are all a big thumbs up.

IMO, adding particle effects would bring the posters more life and make it look more appealing overall. Maybe also doing post-edits in Photoshop would make it look better 😉

Other than that, keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, mike_ers said:

They're great considering you're newer, but decent all-around, it probably won't take you long to make some seriously high quality stuff man. (You're doing far better than all the people on r/tf2 that post "my first sfm! :D" and it's a Fullbright image of a couple hatless characters in default/taunt poses)

Thank you again for the comments! The cosmetic choices are just people I find in public servers that caught my attention because they were fun to play with, haha!

I'll try to play with particle effects more, and possibly more Photoshop editing (I really just painted over major clipping and drew some rimlights+increased the vibrance.)

Friend asked me for some renders for his upcoming RoA workshop submission, so I tried painting over a bit and really paying attention to lighting.

RoA_Heavy_Transparent_Banner.png

15 hours ago, Heroic_Object said:

You're getting really good at an insane rate. Keep killing it!

Thank you for the input! There was a rejected win-screen render that maybe I'll clean up at some point and post here too!

Archived