How do I keep people from trying to trade with me?

lucastazmily

I have been and am being harassed by dozens of people who wanted an unusual I unboxed last week. I have since sold it and told one of them that I did sell it, only to be replied with "choke on your mother's cock you filthy fucking whore". I'm tired of people finding me through backpack.tf and would like to have a way to keep people from trying to trade with me, other than just telling them no.

Options:

- Private backpack (not really recommended if you're a trader)

- Turn off public posts on your steam profile

- Block the users on steam

If what they've said to you is true, you should definitely post their profiles along with picture evidence of chats because this is sounds like very inappropriate behavior that has no place in the community.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, JayTee said:

Put it in your description that its NFS, and if ur not a trader private ur bp

People don't read descriptions. I have "comment before adding me" plastered all over my profile and I get an add almost every day with no comments. I'm sure 70% of those are just scammers / bots though.

Making your backpack/profile private or friends-only is the only real way to stop people from adding you in this case, but like Han Singular said, it's not a good idea if you're a frequent trader. Just allow commenting on your profile and put "Comment before you add me" and ignore/block everyone that doesn't comment. That's what I have to do.

Archived