No Bot listing in deals

Rakaksha

I request for a feature where we can remove the listings of bots from deals section. Anyways most of the user who search for deals avoid the bots and look for people who are selling for cheaper than the bots. Second issue being that a single bot floods the deals in 20s of numbers, occupying 2-3 pages itself. Simultaneously other bots are also listing multiples of listings easily clogging 80%+ of listings in 10 pages of deals. Thirdly the bots are getting refreshed much more frequently than the user listings. As a result it pushes the user listings further back as the bot listings appear in front again after being refreshed. 

Personally to me it has been very difficult to dind a good deal after having scrolled 140 pages of the listings and finding all as bots. Even if there are just 10 user listings, i would just like to check 1-2 pages and be done with it. Not going through a spam of low tier unusuals listed by bots. 

The same request has been made previously i assume and often discussed among traders and premium users alike. It would be a great benefit to users if this is implemented.

I've thought of this ever since deals tab was a thing ngl, but people pay for premium for their bots to keep updating their prices. Meaning, they are paying customers too and they can't be removed. That's how I see it at least.

2 minutes ago, killerpanda993 said:

I've thought of this ever since deals tab was a thing ngl, but people pay for premium for their bots to keep updating their prices. Meaning, they are paying customers too and they can't be removed. That's how I see it at least.

But only premium can see deals (I think?), if premium people don't want to see bot listings in the deals tab why not add it as an option? This is not a suggestion to remove them by default, a check box in the search options that can toggle auto trades off would do.

Plus lets be honest here, if there's a "deal" for a bot listing it's not really a deal, the price just hasn't updated yet.

33 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

But only premium can see deals (I think?), if premium people don't want to see bot listings in the deals tab why not add it as an option? This is not a suggestion to remove them by default, a check box in the search options that can toggle auto trades off would do.

Plus lets be honest here, if there's a "deal" for a bot listing it's not really a deal, the price just hasn't updated yet.

Thats exactly what i am asking for. A way to toggle it. I too am paying for premium service and want to avoid the spam 

There might be bots quickselling stuff too?

And how are they going to identify bots, do you expect them to look through every deals-listing and then remove it manually? 

Stupid idea IMO.

probably would b a gr8 benefit for premium users. the coding for that would be a nightmare and would require some ingenuity that i doubt the coders would be up for

3 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

And how are they going to identify bots, do you expect them to look through every deals-listing and then remove it manually? 

Stupid idea IMO.

If it uses bacpack api it's a bot, simple. All the bots are almost already identifiable by the lightning icon (granted some don't use the heartbeat function to get the icon but the majority do.)

1 minute ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

If it uses bacpack api it's a bot, simple. All the bots are almost already identifiable by the lightning icon (granted some don't use the heartbeat function to get the icon but the majority do.)

There's scripts that give me the ability to use the lightning icon as non-bot user as well...

Example for that would be R+ubi.

15 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

Stupid idea IMO.

Do you really consider them to be that stupid? The ability to show lightning sign is one way.

10 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

There's scripts that give me the ability to use the lightning icon as non-bot user as well...

If someone is abusing it...then bp.tf should take care of it in their own way. This situation shouldn't affect the normal behaviour anyways.

1 minute ago, Rakaksha said:

If someone is abusing it...then bp.tf should take care of it in their own way. This situation shouldn't affect the normal behaviour anyways.

That's not abusing it. Nobody forbids you to use the lightning sign.

2 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

That's not abusing it. Nobody forbids you to use the lightning sign.

As i said i will let bp.tf to decide on that.

One more idea that could be that bots can appear in deals like once every 4 hours. Since they auto update every 30 min so they spam the deal section. This could be an alternative.

15 minutes ago, Rakaksha said:

One more idea that could be that bots can appear in deals like once every 4 hours. Since they auto update every 30 min so they spam the deal section. This could be an alternative.

So bots should be disadvantaged because they follow the rules?

Rule says that (re-)listing every 30 minutes is allowed.

11 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

So bots should be disadvantaged because they follow the rules?

Rule says that (re-)listing every 30 minutes is allowed.

Is it really that tough for you to grasp it? The purpose of people commenting is to reach an all good solution. Obviously the mentioned solutions wont be perfect. We had a problem we proposed a solution, which fixed our problem...it may arise other issues. But in this consideration you are completely thinking one sidedly, botbotbot. Their repeated bumping is messing eith deals section. How it can be fixed its upto them. We can comment our greviences and solutions. So please stop with the repeated and baseless comments.

12 minutes ago, TheGlenCoco said:

Lightning symbol is optional, though search could easily exclude them by adding an option for it.

Yeah even i am hoping for something like that...just now i found booboo bot listings spreading through 9 pages of deals listings...jeez

38 minutes ago, Rakaksha said:

Their repeated bumping is messing eith deals section.

You can't forbid bots to follow the rules, they are literally bumping it every 30 minutes as they are allowed to

That's why those tf2 bots exist, they're meant to do 24/7 business and sell your items while you can sit back and relax

The site doesn't have an active Dev anyways.

10 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

You can't forbid bots to follow the rules, they are literally bumping it every 30 minutes as they are allowed to

That's why those tf2 bots exist, they're meant to do 24/7 business and sell your items while you can sit back and relax

The site doesn't have an active Dev anyways.

We don’t want to prevent bots from listing items for sale. We want to have the ability to hide them when we search for deals. 

12 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

probably would b a gr8 benefit for premium users. the coding for that would be a nightmare and would require some ingenuity that i doubt the coders would be up for

The coding should be straightforward as the filter « automatic=0 » already exists in classified search (though it is not working properly I think). 

13 hours ago, rndmchrs said:

Stupid idea IMO.

General consensus for bot owners is putting 24/7 in the name. Certainly a starting point.

Also they bump alot more than every 30 mins. Ive seen a bit readvertise using the Price update loophole and practically bumped every few mins. So what you said about the 30 mins is not relevant because they found a loophole to bump them more often by changing price. Like the OP said in his original post. Its how they are spamming. Price change. boom bumped. price change 10 mins later. Boom bumped.

2 hours ago, Wsdea said:

We don’t want to prevent bots from listing items for sale. We want to have the ability to hide them when we search for deals. 

The coding should be straightforward as the filter « automatic=0 » already exists in classified search (though it is not working properly I think). 

not every automatic trade is a bot tho. real traders use that as well. that'd b racist

well, actually bots have a script to relist all listings. This is the main issue with the deals page. It shows only newly listed listings. But bot owners have a script which actually relists all listings instead of bumping them. So they always relist listings whenever they can, so they can appear in deals page and have even higher chance to sell their items.

8 hours ago, Edvis_Knife said:

well, actually bots have a script to relist all listings. This is the main issue with the deals page. It shows only newly listed listings. But bot owners have a script which actually relists all listings instead of bumping them. So they always relist listings whenever they can, so they can appear in deals page and have even higher chance to sell their items.

yeah true that!

On 10/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, rndmchrs said:

10 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

not every automatic trade is a bot tho. real traders use that as well. that'd b racist

If you don't want to be affected by the filter then don't use it? If you have the lightning symbol that implies you auto accept trades which makes you a bot.

13 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

If you don't want to be affected by the filter then don't use it? If you have the lightning symbol that implies you auto accept trades which makes you a bot.

no

Archived