2019 Halloween Effect Tier List

🍀Swazzy🍀

The vortex effects seem to be less common but less sought after sadly. Fifth Dimension seems to be the most sought after and a tad more common depending on the hat. That's a start for the list. I haven't seen many of the forest effects either (idk the new eff names yet lol).As for the portals and the "better energy" effects I haven't seem them around too much so I'm in the dark on those too.  But I'm placing my bets on the 5d bat hat becoming the next nebula translator in regards of availability and usage

1 hour ago, Zeus904 said:

The vortex effects seem to be less common but less sought after sadly. Fifth Dimension seems to be the most sought after and a tad more common depending on the hat. That's a start for the list. I haven't seen many of the forest effects either (idk the new eff names yet lol).As for the portals and the "better energy" effects I haven't seem them around too much so I'm in the dark on those too.  But I'm placing my bets on the 5d bat hat becoming the next nebula translator in regards of availability and usage

Got a strong feeling Fifth is just gonna crash into the ground once people realize it doesn't really combo with anything except Misty and looks like Smoking from more than a few feet away. Got nothing against the effect, but it's been crazy hyped right off the bat. Not to mention that it does seem one of the more common effects. But who knows, I could be way off. 

The wisp effects are my personal favorites, I can't wait to see what comboes people come up with on those. 

*personal opinion

1 - Twisted Radiance and variants

2 - Wicked Wood & Ghastly Grove

3- The Fifth Dimension

4 - Vortex and variants

5 - Abyssal Aura and variants

On 10/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, Pineapple Pizza said:

Got a strong feeling Fifth is just gonna crash into the ground once people realize it doesn't really combo with anything except Misty and looks like Smoking from more than a few feet away. Got nothing against the effect, but it's been crazy hyped right off the bat. Not to mention that it does seem one of the more common effects. But who knows, I could be way off. 

The wisp effects are my personal favorites, I can't wait to see what comboes people come up with on those. 

Dont forget the amaranthine pair everyone is overlooking :D

On 10/18/2019 at 11:01 PM, Pineapple Pizza said:

I'm honestly going to take a guess and say it's going to end up at about the same popularity / general opinion as the three halloween eye-clouds (Ooze, Stare, Amar) while being vastly easier to obtain. After all, Fifth Dimension has triple the unbox rate of all other 2019 halloween effects (except Wicked Wood, which has double the unbox rate of all other 2019 effects) due to either lazy programming or a mistake on Valve's part. Just look at all the new hats on backpack.tf and view how many of each effect exists. Fifth Dimension is often 2-3x more common across the board.

https://backpack.tf/overview/Bat Hat

https://backpack.tf/overview/El Mostacho

https://backpack.tf/overview/Skullbrero

https://backpack.tf/overview/Convict Cap

etc

I personally see the three "light" effects (Medley, Essence, Radiance) ending up as the highest tier, just because they combo amazingly with a lot of other effects, and generally look nicer to me. The whirlwind-vortex-whatever looking ones are pretty nice, but I feel them and the three that look like TW/GBH are a bit too small for me, I mean most hats obstruct most of the effect while older Halloween effects are much larger and way more noticeable.

23 hours ago, mike_ers said:

After all, Fifth Dimension has triple the unbox rate of all other 2019 halloween effects (except Wicked Wood, which has double the unbox rate of all other 2019 effects) due to either lazy programming or a mistake on Valve's part.

It's no mistake, it's likely another economic experiment by Valve to have the obligatory god-tier cloud effect like the 3 moon effects from last year (Galactic Gateway and the other 2) with the same chance as all 3 combined to see what happens if the demand isn't split up between 3 effects. So I really don't buy the "more common = less price!!!11" meme, since essentially the people who would normally only chase Eldritch Opening, for example, now have to compete with the buyers of the other 2 god-tier cloud effects who are all lumped together to buy Fifth Dimension.

I personally see the three "light" effects (Medley, Essence, Radiance) ending up as the highest tier, just because they combo amazingly with a lot of other effects, and generally look nicer to me.

you're not wrong though, Miami Nights + Essence is my new engie look

I think the aura effects will eventually be the highest in price.

If you pair them with energy or arcana/spellbound (as long as you don't pick the same color), it makes a white energy-like combo, but cooler; plus look at the distribution of effects, and 5D doesn't match with anything.

1. Twisted Radiance
  2. Mystical Medley
  3. Ethereal Essence
  4. Abyssal Aura
  5. Fifth Dimension
  6. Viscious Vortex
  7. Menacing Miasma
  8. Wood Effects
  9. Violet Vortex
  10. Valiant Vortex
  11. Verdant Vortex

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.50.07 PM.png

I deff like wicked wood. I know its not worth unboxing in the least, but it won't stop me from trying to get my own. even abyssal aura would be nice in my eyes.

Archived