Scream Fortress 2019 New Unusual Hat Effects

Slam

Link to gifs (Videos because Imgur doesn't like gifs I guess): https://imgur.com/a/tONBi3F

Update Notes: http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

All 12 new Scream Fortress 2019 unusual hat effects. Went in-game and recorded them with Itemtest and Thirdperson Mayamode. - I did not do the new taunt effects because Itemtest puts them at your head, not your feet, which just looks dumb. An interesting thing I saw with these new effects is that several of them are fully-blue or fully-red, which I don't think we've ever had any unusual effects where either team color is the main color scheme of the effect.

PSA to anyone that's going to go on an unboxing spree: These effects can ONLY be obtained from CASES. The unlocked "crates" are not cases, and thus will not yield any unusuals with one of these new effects.

All the gifs are taken with a somewhat brighter-than-normal backdrop. Probably should have done a darker one, like the wall 90 degrees from the camera position, but oh well. You can see them yourself easily in any lighting or place via the Itemtest command in singleplayer.

For the taunt effects I will mention: there's finally Arcana/Spellbound style taunt effects in this update.

All effect names if you wanna look them up on the Workshop:

- Fifth Dimension
- Vicious Vortex
- Menacing Miasma
- Abyssal Aura
- Wicked Wood
- Ghastly Grove
- Mystical Medley
- Ethereal Essence
- Twisted Radiance
- Violet Vortex
- Verdant Vortex
- Valiant Vortex

Edit: Also worth mentioning for some reason Fifth Dimension is listed 3 times and Wicked Wood is listed twice in the effects list of cases. Also interesting that FOUR effects have "vortex" in their name despite Vicious Vortex not being the same as the other three.

OStbgPB.png

Eek some of these are bad, Fifth Dimension is pretty good, so is Mystical Medley (and it's variants). Wicked wood Is ok I guess, but only wicked wood, the other variants of it are very unnoticeable. The rest are mediocre at best, most of them aren't even that.

Ghastly Grove is probably my favorite with 5th Dimension coming in 2nd.

Not too much a fan of the taunt effects though, so I don't think I'll be displacing my Roaring Rockets collection anytime soon.

Can you get these effects from seriesless crates?

I saw someone with an Unusual Winter Woodsman with the new effect, not sure if he got it from a multi-class or a # crate without grade tiers.

Archived