Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Exelgor

My effects?

Recommended Posts

Exelgor

Hey guys, Ive got this problem that some unusual effects for me look really dull. Effects like schorching and burning flames are almost unseeable for me wich is a shame since i got into unusual trading.

Does anybody know anything about this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/631158881309032448/631168421534367775/20191008175825_1.jpg Burning

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628237740110249994/631862436357603338/20191010163453_1.jpg Schorching

You can leave a comment here or add me on dc Exelgor#7859

Have a nice day

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captainfluffy

exel, it's mainly of the maps lighting.. in general burning flames is always been IN MY experience dull same for scorching. just got used to it tbh it's not a big deal as you are trading them anyways :P

 

EDIT, seond look its dull because you have sertain settings on low or medium. try fiddling around with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Appah

Dx8 and judging by the low poly playermodel bottom left some sort of performance config, that's almost certainly what's doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DRIFTA

not to sound arrogant here but I'm 100% correct, dx8 is the only thing effecting this, no other part of your fps config can be changed in any way to change the 'brightness' of unusual particles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
2 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

it's because you're on dx8

 

Dx8? Could you explain/tell me how i can fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
2 hours ago, Keks said:

i believe its just a lighting issue, nothing big

nah dude its on multiple maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
2 hours ago, Captainfluffy said:

exel, it's mainly of the maps lighting.. in general burning flames is always been IN MY experience dull same for scorching. just got used to it tbh it's not a big deal as you are trading them anyways :P

 

EDIT, seond look its dull because you have sertain settings on low or medium. try fiddling around with 

 

got everything at medium/high and it on multiple maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeus904
55 minutes ago, Exelgor said:

 

Dx8? Could you explain/tell me how i can fix it

In ur launch options for tf2 try -dxlevel 90 or if youve got a higher end pc use -dxlevel 98. Thatll fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
13 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

In ur launch options for tf2 try -dxlevel 90 or if youve got a higher end pc use -dxlevel 98. Thatll fix it

Thanks :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
17 hours ago, Zeus904 said:

In ur launch options for tf2 try -dxlevel 90 or if youve got a higher end pc use -dxlevel 98. Thatll fix it

Yo zeus it aint working? 90 and 98 doesnt i tried 95 yesterday and it worked but today it doesnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
20 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

not to sound arrogant here but I'm 100% correct, dx8 is the only thing effecting this, no other part of your fps config can be changed in any way to change the 'brightness' of unusual particles

how to fix>?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exelgor
20 hours ago, Appah said:

Dx8 and judging by the low poly playermodel bottom left some sort of performance config, that's almost certainly what's doing this.

wich part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DRIFTA

are you sure -dxlevel 95 is still there in your launch options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeus904
13 hours ago, Exelgor said:

Yo zeus it aint working? 90 and 98 doesnt i tried 95 yesterday and it worked but today it doesnt

Try throwing mat_dxlevel 95 in ur autoexec for tf2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Appah
23 hours ago, Exelgor said:

wich part

Well assuming you're using a performance config that either automatically or required you to set dx8 it likely also includes alot of stuff that reduces graphical settings below what you can do with just the ingame menu.

I'd suggest wiping the config and any launch options you may have and returning the game to default and seeing if that has any improvement.

Setting dx90 would work for the day you set it but upon rebooting the game your autoexec.exe would overwrite it and go back to dx8.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...