Item Value change Indicator

PeteyDaPaniniGenie

so i have an idea for the website that i think would be very useful and nice. it is simply an indicator as to whether an item has changed in price in the past (2?) days.

EDIT :: this idea is not for items whose values are based primarily on Steam community market listings/sales but rather items that have values set by trades and BP.TF community suggestions

this feature would add two thing in theory

-a small icon in the top right/left corner of an item that has changed in price in the past (2?) days

-a new back pack filter that shows items of recent change

||allow me to explain why and explain the idea||

i have been checking my backpack recently and have been seeing increases in backpack value with almost no trading, but i have no idea what items changed in price. i know you can go to an items stat page and see this but if you have hundreds of items it is almost impossible to look at everything. i would like to know what items are increasing my value (or decreasing it) when i check my page. this would allow people who do lower tier trading with many more items to manage their inventories and items a little better and could even help people who trade less items of more value closely track them all from one page and much more quickly.

That's a great idea. I'm sure it could work for those with 100+ unusuals as well, when they wake up and find 3 of their hats have dropped in price per week. I feel it can be applicable to anyone's backpack. The only drawback I can see would be items priced via SCM, where the price fluctuates a lot more frequently than items with a bp.tf price. Other than that, I think it'd have great applications as an add-on with bp.tf.

2 hours ago, XxRedboltxX said:

That's a great idea. I'm sure it could work for those with 100+ unusuals as well, when they wake up and find 3 of their hats have dropped in price per week. I feel it can be applicable to anyone's backpack. The only drawback I can see would be items priced via SCM, where the price fluctuates a lot more frequently than items with a bp.tf price. Other than that, I think it'd have great applications as an add-on with bp.tf.

with the idea i had it wouldn't really go off of SCM and would purely go on the BP.tf prices mainly because of the ability for them to fluctuate so much

+1 

seems a good idea to mainly help out the big traders who simply have too much of items and cant be bothered to check them out.

if your bp value is jumping with no trading it's most likely killstreaked weapons or skins. seems kinda pointless imo. bp price changes are https://backpack.tf/latest  and are stupid easy to check. quit being lazy is what i'd say (unless you're relatively new 2 trading and didn't know some items' value is taken from scm sales/listings)

2 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

if your bp value is jumping with no trading it's most likely killstreaked weapons or skins. seems kinda pointless imo. bp price changes are https://backpack.tf/latest  and are stupid easy to check. quit being lazy is what i'd say (unless you're relatively new 2 trading and didn't know some items' value is taken from scm sales)

im aware of killstreak weapons/skinned weapons may change but i think it should affect if its bp.tf suggested price or when an item is finally priced

11 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

if your bp value is jumping with no trading it's most likely killstreaked weapons or skins. seems kinda pointless imo. bp price changes are https://backpack.tf/latest  and are stupid easy to check. quit being lazy is what i'd say (unless you're relatively new 2 trading and didn't know some items' value is taken from scm sales/listings)

the whole idea is to help with people with lots of items.rather then having to go through a list of items, having to search everything they have to try and find something that has changed. if you have 25+ unusuals and your BP drops by 10 keys of value, rather then having to go through the lists, a person could do it all from one page. it is not about being lazy it is about making it less of a headache to manage and track items that change in value. also, the latest changes is almost entirely Unusuals of some kind, and not other items like skins, KS kits/Fabricators, strange weapons, etc. as those items see less frequent changes in price compared to unusuals, meaning that people who trade or collect them end up having to sift through the lists of unusuals just to find an item or search every single thing they have which MIGHT have changed only to find out only one item changed.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:41 AM, DanielDee said:

SCM Listings (NOT Sales) Also affect the Valve/Steam/Market Value of the interpreted BP value, Not the BP one.

Easy fix for that situation too. Simply have items that are priced via scm in their own category when sorting for changes. That way it'll be suuper easy to tell what caused the increase/decrease with a simple glance. Scm priced items are already handled differently so adding a filter for quality (skins) & ks that the user doesn't see. Huuge upvote on this & if it doesnt go through I just might write my own chrome extension to make it happen for me as this would be insanely useful.

5 minutes ago, Zeus904 said:

Easy fix for that situation too. Simply have items that are priced via scm in their own category when sorting for changes. That way it'll be suuper easy to tell what caused the increase/decrease with a simple glance. Scm priced items are already handled differently so adding a filter for quality (skins) & ks that the user doesn't see. Huuge upvote on this & if it doesnt go through I just might write my own chrome extension to make it happen for me as this would be insanely useful.

if you do make your own chrome script you should share it for tamper monkey or something. i'd love to have a version to use

5 hours ago, PeteyDaPaniniGenie said:

if you do make your own chrome script you should share it for tamper monkey or something. i'd love to have a version to use

Sure! Ill give this a bit to marinate tho, they could add it you never know. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:51 PM, PeteyDaPaniniGenie said:

On 10/10/2019 at 5:40 AM, Zeus904 said:

Sure! Ill give this a bit to marinate tho, they could add it you never know. 

https://github.com/ZeusJunior/backpack.tf-miscellaneous-extensions

Added SCM sort to an already existing sort script

Edit:

https://github.com/NetroScript/backpack.tf-miscellaneous-extensions It was merged into the original version. Use that instead

Archived