changing a golden frying pan KS

sakoni

i was wondering whether or not you could apply another KS kit to a golden frying pan? thinking of getting the most loaded gold pan with team shine and fire horns but i dont have a definitive answer

i dont think you can i think someone stated it comes pre-applied and you can't apply another kit to it

i know for example you can apply a ks rocket launcher kit to a regular and aussie one but i dont see why you couldnt do the same for a regular pan or a golden one. anyone know?

28 minutes ago, sakoni said:

i dont think you can i think someone stated it comes pre-applied and you can't apply another kit to it

It does come with one pre-applied but to my knowledge it is like every other Killstreak item where you can remove it if you want and doing so is actually necessary if you intend to apply a new one.

My understanding is that regular Pan Kits can be applied to the Golden Pan. And in fact, given what we can see in Premium search it must presumably be the case: https://backpack.tf/premium/search?item=Golden+Frying+Pan&tradable=-1

3 minutes ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

My understanding is that regular Pan Kits can be applied to the Golden Pan.

Huh, always wondered if people actually paid the 100+ keys extra for a ts/fh one, just to realize they could've bought a kit. I usually see them listed for a lot more for some reason

12 hours ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

It does come with one pre-applied but to my knowledge it is like every other Killstreak item where you can remove it if you want and doing so is actually necessary if you intend to apply a new one.

My understanding is that regular Pan Kits can be applied to the Golden Pan. And in fact, given what we can see in Premium search it must presumably be the case: https://backpack.tf/premium/search?item=Golden+Frying+Pan&tradable=-1

Two of those pans are duped aswell. I thought duping had stopped by the release of mvm in 2012? Bizarrely all three are untradeable and one description even states the pan was given to the user by support...

When the golden pan first came out, the killstreak effect was locked to each pan, so a TS/FH would go for a premium.

They patched that after only a few months, I believe.

3 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Bizarrely all three are untradeable and one description even states the pan was given to the user by support...

That is why I linked them, well excluding the Steam Support one since that one is likely untradable due to Steam Support since it is also uncraftable.

But if you use a permanently untradable item in a Killstreak Fabricator (Achievement item, item from the Smissmas Stocking, Bat Outta Hell from a Merasmission or transmute) then the Killstreak Kit and the item it is used on will be permanently untradable. That is likely why those Golden Pans are untradable, their owners likely did that on purpose.

Archived