about the upcoming tf2 update

humann

upcoming tf2 update  

82 members have voted

1. 1. I'm kinda worried about the new update, I think that the tf2 team could make something really stupid that could kill the entire economy or in the best case just hurt it badly. What do you think?

• they're going to kill it
    • they're going to hurt it badly
    • they're going to do something good )

They prob won't do anything.

They'll probably just release community content as always and leave it at that, more effects etc. Halloweens might go up in price, all that

Probably good, I'd imagine it's just stuff ripped from the workshop. There's not really much more they could do to fuck up, they've already drastically affected taunts, weapons and hats in the last three years : p

wanna know something to be worried as heck?

valve adds in unusual weapon effects but the unusual unbox drop rate is 3x more than usual

yay to the economic

I want Valve to reenable unusual misc unboxing. I'm pretty sure everybody wants a Burning Flames Antlers but the 2 known copies are extremely expensive and stuck in collector's backpacks.

57 minutes ago, Badhitreg said:

People saying they want old halloween effects/old spells/unboxable unusual miscs to be back is a big yikes

Dude imagine how sick a darkblaze cromatic corruption and headless horseshoe combustible cutie would be

12 hours ago, Brown said:

They prob won't do anything.

They'll probably just release community content as always and leave it at that, more effects etc. Halloweens might go up in price, all that

10 hours ago, Roi said:

waiting for those strange uniques to be back :P . Jokes apart this time they will be extra cautious , most likely no bugs will be added haha

Well, I hope.

9 hours ago, Rakaksha said:

All i want is the old timey halloween effects to be uncrated now. They are being made overpriced by hoarders anyways.

4 hours ago, Zytoep said:

I want Valve to reenable unusual misc unboxing. I'm pretty sure everybody wants a Burning Flames Antlers but the 2 known copies are extremely expensive and stuck in collector's backpacks.

Yeah, please don't.

1 hour ago, Infernape said:

Dude imagine how sick a darkblaze cromatic corruption and headless horseshoe combustible cutie would be

Those aren't unboxable in unusual as far as I'm aware - it's a face replacement not a hat

5 hours ago, Zytoep said:

Pretty sure they don't intend to re-allow that - I'm under the impression they don't want everybody and their uncle stacking unusual effects

6 hours ago, AnthonyWafflesS said:

could be nice if Valve add Gargoyle to the Canteen Slot(like a keychain) :)

Thing with that is the gargoyle literally does nothing in game, meanwhile the spellbook...

They will do the typical thing of adding 2 boxes (one of skins and one of hats) new effects for the taunts or hats (or both) and adding hallowen contracts and one or two new taunts.
Other things may be that they add are changes in some weapons and the drop of hallowen effects in unusualifers.
That is what I expect, Valve may surprise us or also the opposite.

Are there any legitimate reasons for Valve not to re-enable the unboxing of old effects and mics other than "My cool hats will decrease in value”

I guarantee that everyone who objects to this has an inventory value of >$1,000 and/or owns some high-tier unusuals. (Someone who doesn’t fit these requirements will object to this just to be contrarian)

Valve has shown that either they are incompetent or don’t care about the high-tier economy with the multi-class crate, taunt unusualifiers, and the 100% unusual bug. What makes you guys think this is so far-fetched?

43 minutes ago, Zytoep said:

Are there any legitimate reasons for Valve not to re-enable the unboxing of old effects and mics other than "My cool hats will decrease in value”

I guarantee that everyone who objects to this has an inventory value of >$1,000 and/or owns some high-tier unusuals. (Someone who doesn’t fit these requirements will object to this just to be contrarian)

Valve has shown that either they are incompetent or don’t care about the high-tier economy with the multi-class crate, taunt unusualifiers, and the 100% unusual bug. What makes you guys think this is so far-fetched?

Probably because they did that 1 year and 1 year only, and that was only because they were in the fallout of releasing the Pyro Update. 

3 hours ago, Zytoep said:

Workshop commissions. Re-enabling the effects means that Valve has to pay the effect creators more.

7 hours ago, humann said:

Well, I hope.

Yeah, please don't.

I don't think there is a need for more miscs, as there are plenty of them. I understand the concern that prices will fall but i want some more of halloween effects to be in market. The current situation is really bad as those very huge bps are hoarding and escalating the prices to almost double in less than an year. Also many of these unusuals are untradable or in stale bps. I want these unusuals to be in circulation than rot in certain bps, if that has to happen with loss for these people, i am all for it as they have already profited huge and hoarded them. And again to be clear, i dont want a slew of them in market...but like some of them...so that they maintain their rarity and the economy gets a good stimulus, not just a few bps profiting out of them but the whole community in general.

4 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Workshop commissions. Re-enabling the effects means that Valve has to pay the effect creators more.

I thought they only recently in the last two or three years started taking effects off of the workshop/creators hence the reason they didnt look so polished in the last few haloween updates. I thought the effects that were around when spellls were all came from valve/dev team

5 hours ago, DanielDee said:

I thought they only recently in the last two or three years started taking effects off of the workshop/creators hence the reason they didnt look so polished in the last few haloween updates. I thought the effects that were around when spellls were all came from valve/dev team

I want VALVE to make effects more

make old hats and old effect unboxable again will be really bad for economy

but i won't be surprised if valve do it we can see what they already do with unusuals taunt and all class unusuals before

if they add old effect again we might see huge drop price because rare halloween effect worth a lot becaue its rare most is less than 5 world this will worth a lot less if more in market

but what i think valve should do is

decrease unusuals unbox rate at 0.25% instead 0.5%

make 3 gens not unboxable anymore (this will be good because huge unbox rate recently because glitch)

remove all class crate from store

make new effect and new hats so will make old unusuals more rare with time

but i don't think they will do it because is more profitable for valve if unusuals is cheaper because people will use more SCM and even buy more keys to unbox and they not really care people items loss value

What makes you think valve will release a halloween update...

this year?

They told us they were working on a halloween update, but never specified when exactly it would come out

this is obvious satire

On 10/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, AnthonyWafflesS said:

could be nice if Valve add Gargoyle to the Canteen Slot(like a keychain) :)

that would be really cool! good idea

• 4 weeks later...

Archived