Another wrapped self-made Sam & Max items

MopkoBka116

2 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

This post exists 😛

yeah this was yestarday.There is another self made max and big kill. So it seems like you can giftwrap it any time which makes it even higher value as you can use it in game and then giftwrap it again to sell for someone, unless, valve makes it non gift wrapable if more of these appear lol

Pretty sick hat if you ask me, I own a regular Max’s Head but I’m super jealous. Not sure why Mistress wants the big kill so badly tho. It’s kinda ugly if you ask me and only usable for spy which not many people tend to main enough for the price tag to be viable. In any case I’d rather have a self made Lugermorph 

21 minutes ago, Edvis_Knife said:

yeah this was yestarday.There is another self made max and big kill. So it seems like you can giftwrap it any time which makes it even higher value as you can use it in game and then giftwrap it again to sell for someone, unless, valve makes it non gift wrapable if more of these appear lol

nope, valve disabled gift wrapping in 2016

1 hour ago, j58 said:

nope, valve disabled gift wrapping in 2016

My personal theory is that while some sam and max devs played tf2 as noted in the promotional update which released the hats, I’m sure some didn’t. Those who didn’t probably got the sam and max items already gift wrapped which explains why they are tradable, and just never opened them. Now that one dev figured out these hats have some real world value, another who is probably in contact must’ve seen that and is now trying to sell his. After all 10k or some virtual hats in a game you don’t play isn’t a hard choice to make for a game dev 

@Edvis_Knife 

Do you have any proof that you can wrap these items again or was that just speculation? I see no proof of that being the case as we know they stopped allowing this years ago.

This is my personal theory on these items. A couple Telltale staff were hacked 9 years ago and the hacker is just now offloading the items. I have some proof on why this might be the case.

Back around the middle of June 2018 a Burning TC went up for sale on OPSkins (right before it was about to shut down) for $4,900 USD. This TC had no history to it and was bought up by Strife over the next few days. Later we come to find out this TC did have some history and it was originally Mattie's from when he was hijacked. Since then about every 4 months or so another Burning TC (duped from Mattie's hijack) has been showing up on different CS:GO sites. I believe so far 4 dupes of Mattie's Burning TC now exist publically, one of them being for sale right now on the same website as these two item for $2,500 USD.

As well, many of you probably haven't noticed, but over the past year super rare items such as Vintage Refine, Vintage Reclaimed, Vintage Class Tokens have been appearing on the Steam Market. I believe all of these items are coming from the same hacker. He spent 9 years hording his ill gotten gains and has recently been slowly offloading them on the Steam Market or CS:GO websites where he can't be tracked.

Also here is the Telltale staff account who is listed as the gifter on the item: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974782586

I believe the hacker just took over the account gift wrapped it then traded it to himself.

44 minutes ago, Fire ̷̨●̷̨° said:

@Edvis_Knife 

Do you have any proof that you can wrap these items again or was that just speculation? I see no proof of that being the case as we know they stopped allowing this years ago.

This is my personal theory on these items. A couple Telltale staff were hacked 9 years ago and the hacker is just now offloading the items. I have some proof on why this might be the case.

Back around the middle of June 2018 a Burning TC went up for sale on OPSkins (right before it was about to shut down) for $4,900 USD. This TC had no history to it and was bought up by Strife over the next few days. Later we come to find out this TC did have some history and it was originally Mattie's from when he was hijacked. Since then about every 4 months or so another Burning TC (duped from Mattie's hijack) has been showing up on different CS:GO sites. I believe so far 4 dupes of Mattie's Burning TC now exist publically, one of them being for sale right now on the same website as these two item for $2,500 USD.

As well, many of you probably haven't noticed, but over the past year super rare items such as Vintage Refine, Vintage Reclaimed, Vintage Class Tokens have been appearing on the Steam Market. I believe all of these items are coming from the same hacker. He spent 9 years hording his ill gotten gains and has recently been slowly offloading them on the Steam Market or CS:GO websites where he can't be tracked.

Also here is the Telltale staff account who is listed as the gifter on the item: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974782586

I believe the hacker just took over the account gift wrapped it then traded it to himself.

Alright, I was actually wrong. I was pretty sure this was giftwrapped 1 year ago. But it looks like this maxs severed head was actually giftwrapped by 2012-02-26 6:26:33 pm (UTC) (tf2tools.net) So it might be that it is no longer giftwrapable anymore. I thought it had 7 million tag which turned me to 2018 year.... but it is actually from 2012. So chances are probably no existant as ALL UNTRADABLE items are no longer giftwrapable.

@Buddy

If you look at Mattie's TC here: https://backpack.tf/item/677634745 

It is Support Granted, meaning it was Valve generated. This usually happens when someone is hacked files a ticket and has their item returned, this is how duping is done.

As well you can see here the History of the duped hat: http://www.tf2items.com/item/7310190849

You see it goes directly from Mattie to a OPSkins bot 6 years later.

And no you can't dupe anymore to my knowledge. What I'm saying is these were duped years ago and the hacker had them in a private bp all this time.

3 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I thought support quit restoring stolen items because of all the exploiting.

they did but it was done again when a particular scam came in and no one saw it coming so steam duped items/unusuals again for a short time only

2 hours ago, Buddy said:

what scam

Fake items scam. A dirty developer would get some shovelware game on Steam and then change the name of their game to "Team Fortress 2" and then add items into their game that resembled real TF2 items, such as a Golden Pan.

4 hours ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

Fake items scam. A dirty developer would get some shovelware game on Steam and then change the name of their game to "Team Fortress 2" and then add items into their game that resembled real TF2 items, such as a Golden Pan.

where can i read more about this? i havent heard about this 

agree with my bro fire, those guys who apparently put for sale those rarerities didnt log on steam for respectively 40 days and 400+ days. The items are most likely coming from those hijacked accounts

12 hours ago, Buddy said:

When was Mattie! hijacked? I don't remember that. And I thought duping ceased to be a thing many years ago.

happened some years ago, a russian guy tricked steam support to be Mattie, he provided them with correct infos and his account was jacked and consecutively the tc's etc.

12 hours ago, Keks said:

Aight boys, boutta grab myself a self-made big kill

Kinda shame that it is no longer giftwrapable. If it was giftwrapable again, price could have rised up soo much.

Archived