Wont let me post suggestions... help

Rees

Recently I posted a suggestion for a hat I own, as it’s a tad undervalued on bp. In any case the suggestion went along, however I was informed by a user there was more trades to look into. So after doing so I removed the suggestion and tried to make another more updated one, but now it says I have negative rep. I don’t understand this because my steam rep and bp rep says it’s neutral or “ok” so I don’t know why it won’t let me post this suggestion. Please help 

It's not talking about your steamrep, but your contribution points. Whenever someone makes a suggestion or votes on one, they gain or lose contribution points based on the result. A successful suggestion or a vote aligned with the final result gets you points and the reverse takes away points. If a user gets into negative points (where you're at), they can't make suggestions until they get back into positives (this is to prevent people from spamming joke/troll/baseless suggestions). Making correct votes will bring your points back up as well as waiting (I believe 1 point per day until it gets back to 0).

In addition to that, contribution points also function as a multiplier to the value a person is allowed to suggest at. Normally, a person is limited to making suggestions/votes based off of their highest recorded backpack value, but having points lets them go past that as it demonstrates that the person has a fundamental grasp of the market and how things are supposed to be valued.

If you want to see your current contribution points, hover your mouse on that sunburst tile under your name on your profile or backpack page. It will tell you your current reputation (which is currently -4)

4 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

It's not talking about your steamrep, but your contribution points. Whenever someone makes a suggestion or votes on one, they gain or lose contribution points based on the result. A successful suggestion or a vote aligned with the final result gets you points and the reverse takes away points. If a user gets into negative points (where you're at), they can't make suggestions until they get back into positives (this is to prevent people from spamming joke/troll/baseless suggestions). Making correct votes will bring your points back up as well as waiting (I believe 1 point per day until it gets back to 0).

In addition to that, contribution points also function as a multiplier to the value a person is allowed to suggest at. Normally, a person is limited to making suggestions/votes based off of their highest recorded backpack value, but having points lets them go past that as it demonstrates that the person has a fundamental grasp of the market and how things are supposed to be valued.

If you want to see your current contribution points, hover your mouse on that sunburst tile under your name on your profile or backpack page. It will tell you your current reputation (which is currently -4)

Thanks I learnt something today

Archived