What happened to Russian Arms Race?

cooldude123

2 hours ago, cooldude123 said:

The bots are selling them for 101~ keys. What is going on? Are they trying to rig the price or something?

Thats because bots are written to compete with sellers. If there is no seller it prices item at high price like this. Just try to get this item, and list it for real price. Bots will automatically undercut you in a hour lol.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:17 PM, Edvis_Knife said:

Thats because bots are written to compete with sellers.

^ This. When no human sellers they raise the price unifiedly..unified..unitedly.unityltlyt  together! with no limit to price or stupidity.

This is a well known "issue" and clearly price manipulation which REAL people would- and have been banned for(similar things if not 100% identical, cause someone aaalways want examples)

Worst thing is theyre scripts made to have them co-operate and behave like this; Where only real people are the competition.

BTW: I'd like to hear how this gets defended/justified

How is this fair? Where is the justice? -That was too much!

Creating a divided community with disadvantages to those that can't afford, don't want, or simply choose to put in the work. idk...

No wonder theres suck hate against Bots and their owners.

https://imgur.com/8gL2LIe

https://imgur.com/0GqxKTk

(Have planned and compiled for a more comprehensive thread about this for a while in hope for a more open discussion like with Trades; incl. Scripts/-exploits, buy-order manipulation[handled recently], even some site ...not changes but..  decisions or rulings)

4 hours ago, LeROY said:

^ This. When no human sellers they raise the price unifiedly..unified..unitedly.unityltlyt  together!

Hey unanimously would be a good word!

Anyway I'd put this on programmer(s) negligence for relying just on bp.tf listings (at least it seems like it I didn't check if I'm wrong correct me)

If other factors like past sales , SCM , marketplace.tf and ... was considered we wouldn't have this issue (although to be fair weighting and implementing this would be hard but come on you're making money off of this)

All I'm saying is if we press the issue they'd probably fix it

On 9/17/2019 at 1:01 AM, LeROY said:

^ This. When no human sellers they raise the price unifiedly..unified..unitedly.unityltlyt  together! with no limit to price or stupidity.

This is a well known "issue" and clearly price manipulation which REAL people would- and have been banned for(similar things if not 100% identical, cause someone aaalways want examples)

Worst thing is theyre scripts made to have them co-operate and behave like this; Where only real people are the competition.

BTW: I'd like to hear how this gets defended/justified

How is this fair? Where is the justice? -That was too much!

Creating a divided community with disadvantages to those that can't afford, don't want, or simply choose to put in the work. idk...

No wonder theres suck hate against Bots and their owners.

https://imgur.com/8gL2LIe

https://imgur.com/0GqxKTk

(Have planned and compiled for a more comprehensive thread about this for a while in hope for a more open discussion like with Trades; incl. Scripts/-exploits, buy-order manipulation[handled recently], even some site ...not changes but..  decisions or rulings)

Actually I have noticed that bot.tf bots DO NOT undercut each other. Seems like bot.tf devs made bots to compete with other bots excluding bot.tf bots. They check if user is using lightning bolt or not ALSO if that bot is a part of bot.tf. IF seller does not use any automatic lightning bolt, bots just ignore listings and do not undercut. This is just from my observation as i have fighted these bots sooo damn long. I undercuted bot by 15 ref and they immediately retracted up to 3 keys while im selling item for 1 key. Seems like they cant lower price any more so they retracts back so they wont lose profit. 

Bot.tf is trying to be a monopoly and control the market. So we need more self made bots, so bot.tf bots could not compete easy like that and they would just simply always have to retract back and never sell item. It is even worse to have bot.tf monopoly as there are 100-200 bot.tf bots which do not undercut each other because devs wants that.

Archived