How much is my commando grade trade up paint worth

soz

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

I can't say the exact price, but the ingredients used to make that would've cost around 500 keys, so it's definitely not a cheap item.

only now to find a buyer ;)

3 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

Did you unbox that or trade up to it? if it was a trade up what items did you use?

Can't unbox it bro

I used a mix of factory new, minimal wear and cosmetics

3 minutes ago, soz said:

Can't unbox it bro

I used a mix of factory new, minimal wear and cosmetics

Oh. I assume they would of all had to be strange skins/cosmetics to generate the strange trade up? Also scott said the items needed to create it would of been 500 keys worth? Is that the value its cost you or did you find a cheaper way/just got lucky?

5 hours ago, DanielDee said:

Oh. I assume they would of all had to be strange skins/cosmetics to generate the strange trade up? Also scott said the items needed to create it would of been 500 keys worth? Is that the value its cost you or did you find a cheaper way/just got lucky?

You can mix and match any types of items of the same quality, as long as:

-they are all of the same quality tier

-they have the same strangeness (or lack thereof), i.e. all or none of them have to be strange

-each item has to have a higher grade item that can be traded up to (you can't trade-up Commando skins from a collection that only goes up to Commando)

For a guaranteed trade-up to this skin's grade, wear, and collection (there's 1/3 chance of this specific war paint, but I'll leave that aside for now), the average cost would be the equivalent of 10*10*10=1000 pairs of a Minimal Wear Civic Duty/Civil Servant war paint and a Civilian Grade Stat Clock. Off of Steam Market, this would be about 1000 * (.07 per paint + ~.73 per Stat Clock) = ~800 USD on Steam = ~340 keys. This is unless you get a discount on intermediate materials (like buying Strange Min Wear Autumn War Paints or making your own stat clocks out of garbage), and doesn't factor in the extreme amount of time you'll have to wait to gather enough materials at a reasonable price.

Of the three possible skins, this is probably the middle valued of the three, judging from SCM prices on the factory new non-strange war paints. This might fetch like 450 keys or something, factoring in the labor of collecting and the fact it's far better than the Woodland Warrior Mk.II (which is the flop in the same tier as it). The problem is that it's Min Wear, and since Civic Duty and Civil Servant are the base materials for the trade-up, it's only about an extra 40 keys to make a craft attempt at a Fac New version, might hurt desirability. Then again, one of those may not have even been made before (I think Woodland has).

Archived