How to tell if an unusual is bugged?

BrilLiam

Hi traders,

I've been seeing a lot of traders stating that they will only buy "bugged" unusuals for 35% or higher discounted prices, now I know that these hats they are referring to are from the depression, but how can somebody tell if a hat is "bugged'? I see no modifier or anything that would easily give it away, any assistance in figuring this out would be great!

Kind regards.

• Administrators

The only giveaway would be a short history/trades beginning after 7/26/19.

People paying less for bugged Unusuals are just trying to swindle as much profit as they can. Bugged Unusuals aren't worth less than the clean ones.

43 minutes ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy 7309 said:

People paying less for bugged Unusuals are just trying to swindle as much profit as they can. Bugged Unusuals aren't worth less than the clean ones.

Thank you! I was just concerned there was a type of tag or something that would annoy people that owned the hat, I appreciate your response!

I imagine when people are saying "bugged unusuals" at least in this very specific context they don't mean "hats unboxed during the Crate Depression" rather they mean "hat affected by the Crate Depression", since their listed value on backpack is very likely out-of-date they are just apply an across the board rule in regards to those hats.

Also side note: Technically this would really only be Gen 3 hats, but they aren't saying "Gen 3s" because they are specifically excluding Limited/Retired/Graded hats from this since they were all unaffected. Also technically Gen 1s were affected but I don't think anyone is seriously saying Burning Flames hats are 30% less valuable now.

14 hours ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy 7309 said:

yep, bugged or not, they are equally worthless

There's no existential difference between the two, and a lot of the Gen 3 hats were in shaky positions to begin with. Another 10 in active circulation sends the price off a cliff equally for any and all.

15 hours ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy 7309 said:

And they sell super quickly from what I’ve seen. 

And everyone who pulls that “its bugged so its akchullay 90% off” shit are sharks to me

Archived