Why are skins so hard to sell?

BRFcitizen

Most skins I buy and sell pretty easily and make profit, and there are multiple people in this trading community that either only or almost entirely deal with skins. They're not "hard to sell" unless it's like some Battle Scarred Basic Killstreak Civilian Grade Shortstop skin. Any skin will sell at the right price 

4 minutes ago, Badhitreg said:

Most skins I buy and sell pretty easily and make profit, and there are multiple people in this trading community that either only or almost entirely deal with skins. They're not "hard to sell" unless it's like some Battle Scarred Basic Killstreak Civilian Grade Shortstop skin. Any skin will sell at the right price 

Weren't you the guy who told me that war paints are hard to sell when I offered you my assassin grade one

20 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

Weren't you the guy who told me that war paints are hard to sell when I offered you my assassin grade one

And "most" doesn't mean "all" rotfl

I will say that I've seen some skins sell better if they're battle scarred than if they're factory new, like the one that puts kill tallies on the weapon. Other than that, in my experience I've found that people nowadays treat skins like they used to treat Stranges-- some people go out of their way to trade for them but most people who trade for profit tend to shy away because the popularity of a weapon can pull a 180 as soon as a nerf/buff is announced, therefore destroying/inflating its price. 

Your best bet is to sell skins on the Community Market-- I've had people buy my MW skins quicker than I'd expected, usually to craft those stat counters

4 hours ago, Bones Malone said:

I will say that I've seen some skins sell better if they're battle scarred than if they're factory new, like the one that puts kill tallies on the weapon. Other than that, in my experience I've found that people nowadays treat skins like they used to treat Stranges-- some people go out of their way to trade for them but most people who trade for profit tend to shy away because the popularity of a weapon can pull a 180 as soon as a nerf/buff is announced, therefore destroying/inflating its price. 

Your best bet is to sell skins on the Community Market-- I've had people buy my MW skins quicker than I'd expected, usually to craft those stat counters

TF2 has updates?

Archived