Starstorm slumber

Nikspy

So my favorite effect, star storm slumber is priced alarmingly low on the effects page. But when I click on a specific hat, the seller almost always is selling it for a good chunk more than backpack price.

Is the price just outdated or are the sellers just overpricing it?

Starstrorm Slumber is a halloween effect so the amount of them are limited to what was unboxed and  because of this sellers want to get the most they can for them. Sellers may be overpricing them but then again they can usually sell for more than bp.tf price, especially if they’re a more rare/desired hat with the effect.

34 minutes ago, Nikspy said:

So my favorite effect, star storm slumber is priced alarmingly low on the effects page. But when I click on a specific hat, the seller almost always is selling it for a good chunk more than backpack price.

Is the price just outdated or are the sellers just overpricing it?

in all honesty looking at the clasifieds a lot of these are with full-time trader bp's. so ya there's a lot of overpriced ones. it's not that demand went up or that prices are out of wack. prices on most seem fine. just profit whores b fishin 4 profit. send em an offer for bp price in pure and 9 outa 10 times they'll accept lol a lot of listings have been up a hella long time

While all effects are completely subjective to one's own opinion, I believe some effects are more liked than the majority than others - and starstorm slumber falls inbetween liked and disliked.

I remember clearly that when starstorm slumber came out, it was a really nice looking effect. Unfortunately, the hats that were unboxed with that effect in particular were usually mercenary grade, which resulted in a very high stock of them; also coupled with the fact that it has an alternate colour effect, leads to the idea that it isn't in the high tier section at all.

Stock has a huge part in determining an unusual's price and the availability it has. If it has high stock, it would most likely have a lower price because it's more available and it's traded all the time, meaning people can try and get them for lower prices from other people. This leads to it lowering in price over and over again.

If you look at the quantity of starstorm slumber unusuals in existence, some hats have over 300 or 200 within inventories, which is a really high amount!

yea, a big contributor to why that effect - and the other three from the same update - are worth so little in comparison to other Halloween effects is because it was unboxable from all crates with a double unbox chance. I don’t know why valve thought that doubling the unusual unbox chance in that update was a good idea, but they did it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Dubious Melon said:

yea, a big contributor to why that effect - and the other three from the same update - are worth so little in comparison to other Halloween effects is because it was unboxable from all crates with a double unbox chance. I don’t know why valve thought that doubling the unusual unbox chance in that update was a good idea, but they did it anyway.

At least the hat I got only is 1 of 5 and a normal hat that came from a normal crate.

Archived