Wavering, Unstable account values.

Theo Jasper

As of 3 o'clock in the morning, all of my basic, specialized, and professional killstreak weapons have lost a good portion of value, seemingly for no reason.

The backpack.tf site is showing a significantly lower value, despite the buy/sell orders for these items remaining the same. 

Is this a site bug or have prices changed for KS weapons?

killstreak items are based on the Steam Community Market so thats why there will be some price changes.its just like skinned weapons.its based on SCM

(I already wrote this out and right as I was adding some last minute stuff appy replied with the same thing but I refuse to let this go to waste)

From another thread: a glitch made keys priced as $3.44 on scm.image.png.b9892a3556fbbdd92a88155b7e8298cb.png

Killstreaks get priced off the avg sale prices and is priced in your backpack by taking that value divided by the scm key price. As an example I have a pro backburner kit that has an average sale price of $6.49. Backpack takes this and does 6.49/3.44 to get the key price of 1.89. They then use this key price to convert into the other 2 currencies by getting the ref value of the keys (83 ref = 1.89 keys) and then the ref value times the cash value of ref ($0.035 or $2.91 total).  These numbers (1.89 keys, 83 ref, and $2.91) are used for your stats and thus everyone with a few killstreak items will receive a major hit to their backpack value (about -40-45% per killstreak item if I did my math right).

10 hours ago, appy said:

The price of keys recorded by bp.tf for the community market is for some reason 3.44$(https://backpack.tf/stats/Unique/Mann Co. Supply Crate Key/Tradable/Craftable) despite keys selling below 2.5$ on the market. Looks like this is a bp.tf bug. The community market is fine. My bots totally lost 600 keys on backpack value today cos of this bug.

LOL they did not "LOST" anything.

You guys must realise that:

1) You have never HAD backpacks of shown value. NOTHING was lost - because there was nothing TO LOSE.

2) Bp.tf pricing is an estimate. It does NOT faithfully represent real value of You backpack. Just an estimate based on priced items in database and eventually some items based on SCM sales.

Archived