Ban on Marketplace.tf for no reason.

Thux

So I just got banned due to this explanation:

Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize but we have identified alternate accounts linked to yours and unfortunately your account/orders are too high risk for us to continue doing business with you at this time. Any outstanding orders have been cancelled and refunded. You will be unable to make any further purchases on this website.

So Marketplace.tf is not able to make a difference between my countless impersonators and my original account and therefore bans me? I don't see any other explanation as I have no active alt accounts or any other accounts I use besides this one which could be the reason for this move.

While scammers banned on all sites could always escape to mp.tf and sell all their scammed stuff for dirt cheap I get banned because of such a ridiculous reason? 

They didn't even notify me about this ban, I just got banned and then started wondering and contacted support as I'd obviously done nothing wrong. That was the response I received.

I was always a fan of the site, but this move is just so poor and ridiculous, which makes me laugh.

But mostly I'm just disappointed in this site, if that's the only gratitude I get for using this site for the past few years (without ever breaking any rules)

, so be it - just find a smarter way of dealing with scammers/impersonators instead of banning normal users like me for the future.

55 minutes ago, Thux said:

So I just got banned due to this explanation:

Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize but we have identified alternate accounts linked to yours and unfortunately your account/orders are too high risk for us to continue doing business with you at this time. Any outstanding orders have been cancelled and refunded. You will be unable to make any further purchases on this website.

So Marketplace.tf is not able to make a difference between my countless impersonators and my original account and therefore bans me? I don't see any other explanation as I have no active alt accounts or any other accounts I use besides this one which could be the reason for this move.

While scammers banned on all sites could always escape to mp.tf and sell all their scammed stuff for dirt cheap I get banned because of such a ridiculous reason? 

They didn't even notify me about this ban, I just got banned and then started wondering and contacted support as I'd obviously done nothing wrong. That was the response I received.

I was always a fan of the site, but this move is just so poor and ridiculous, which makes me laugh.

But mostly I'm just disappointed in this site, if that's the only gratitude I get for using this site for the past few years (without ever breaking any rules)

, so be it - just find a smarter way of dealing with scammers/impersonators instead of banning normal users like me for the future.

maybe you are a real scammer.xd

ok lets not panic yet.have you tried sending a ticket yet?if so,just explain your best and provide your bots account or alt account(if you have any).

if not then lets wait.geel probably made a mistake

Right, now I know what you are referring to. I once made a deal with HorySheet some time before he turned out to be a huge Paypal scammer. 

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198053747026#!/compare/1558224000/1558310400

https://backpack.tf/item/2067579744

The amount shown in the comparison went instantly to him. The rest was transferred via mp.tf, for that reason being he gave me his E-mail address so I could send him the remaining funds directly $250.54 to [email protected] on May 20, 2019, 5:57 pm

I don't have any chatlogs anymore as he removed me, but that's what happened. 

Sorry about this post then, that ban seemed just very mysterious to me, especially since that answer implied multiple accounts which I then had thought would have to be my many impersonators. Instead it's about this user who got banned for obvious reasons.

I sincerely hope you believe me, I never scammed anyone or was involved in anything like that, that is the only reason why his E-mail shows up in my account.

Once again my apologies for this post, I just got really confused there. I really do hope that you can unban me

Just now, sfpt said:

I don't understand -- You use HIS email address, verified, on your marketplace.tf account? for what reason?

he used the email so he can payout to the email with his marketplace funds 

Just now, johnny696996699 said:

he used the email so he can payout to the email with his marketplace funds 

if so, since obviously he is now well known as a scammer, why did he not change the email address back to his own?

Yeah exactly johnny

I did change it back instantly as I didn't have any further use for it obviously, but it still shows up under emails I used in the past I think.

1 minute ago, Thux said:

Yeah exactly johnny

I did change it back instantly as I didn't have any further use for it obviously, but it still shows up under emails I used in the past I think.

do you have any way to prove that you do not have access to this email? i don't not believe you, you're probably not a scammer, this just seems like a convoluted way to transfer money

2 hours ago, Geel said:

If you're not an alt of a scammer why does your account share a (verified) email address with one?

Bruh moment. 

2 hours ago, Geel said:

If you're not an alt of a scammer why does your account share a (verified) email address with one?

-God, talking from the Heavens to smite the unholy

5 hours ago, sfpt said:

do you have any way to prove that you do not have access to this email? i don't not believe you, you're probably not a scammer, this just seems like a convoluted way to transfer money

Why do you care? He doesnt have to explain anything to anyone besides marketplace staff. 

17 hours ago, Geel said:

Also, you should be able to confirm that the trade with HorySheet had been done long before he was banned on bp.tf.

It's the only and also back then legal trade that connects me with that guy, if I was an alt wouldn't I have been using his email way more often? And I definitely wouldn't have been that active myself - since he was also quite an active trader on his own account.

I can show you all my inactive alt accounts if you want, you won't find any traces from that guy.

I have been using Steam for about 6-7 years now, I really don't see why one single and once again back then perfectly legal deal should imply that I must be an alt from this guy. I have always been quite active which people could also see, it would hardly make sense to split all of these items on two different and both very valuable accounts for all these years if we were seriously connected to each other.

So once again, I politely ask you to unban me again please, as I did absolutely nothing wrong. If need be, I will show you all my dead alt accounts which prove my point even more.

• Teeny Tiny Cat locked this topic

Archived