Why Invasion community unusuals are so expensive?

Edvis_Knife

Hello, I haven't been playing/trading in tf2 for like 3 years. About 2 months i came back to trade a little bit. I am kinda curious about Invasion Community Update unusuals. Why nebula is worth so much? I just looked at Universal Translator with nebula effect and it goes around 137 keys. But there is like 179 in existance... Its not really so unusual if 179 copies of this already exist. Why price is so high for this unusual? That hat is kinda crap immo and because so many of these exist, price should be like 40 keys at most. Or maybe it is such good effect (maybe the best so far in this game) that it is really worth 140 keys? Could anyone sort this out for me thank you.

Screenshot_20190819-115813__03.jpg

are you calling this a high price?

it's a god-tier all-class unusual. 137 keys is cheap.

besides, it was about 180 keys before, and dropped in price by a ton of keys

But 179 exists. How can it still cost that much. Im comparing it with other effect prices these universal translators have.

I mean, if it was rare like 5 unusuals in existence then yes, i agree with that price. But now 179 in existance... Mind blown.

I thought these were bugged unusuals or like some kind of unusual bug. But it looks like these came from normal unbox.

Nebula is just an effect that lots of people want, which drives the price up. Even on a meh hat like the Universal Translator, it’s still expensive because it’s an all-class hat with a really nice effect.

The Invasion hats are also the only hats that can have these effects.

If you think about it like this it makes more sense: theres only XXX (few hundred of all hats combined) nebula hats in the game and they are not being unboxed anymore.

Everyday, more burning, scorching, ... Get unboxed so getting the desired effect with those is not so difficult and not limited in numbers. Nebula is widely considered one of the best effectsw so even a shitty hat gets a high value...

Look at the price of the nebula spacemann, theres 15 of them (not exactly super rare either) with buyorders for 1200 keys... All class misx ofcourse, but it's the supply and demand for this effect that determines this price

a lot of people favour the nebula hat much and there isnt alot of all-class hats that is in the invasion case.

moreover the case is running out and will soon be.100+ keys on this item is actually the cheapest nebula you can afford since the captain space mann was no longer unboxable as an unusual as well

41 minutes ago, Raeindeer said:

If you think about it like this it makes more sense: theres only XXX (few hundred of all hats combined) nebula hats in the game and they are not being unboxed anymore.

Everyday, more burning, scorching, ... Get unboxed so getting the desired effect with those is not so difficult and not limited in numbers. Nebula is widely considered one of the best effectsw so even a shitty hat gets a high value...

Look at the price of the nebula spacemann, theres 15 of them (not exactly super rare either) with buyorders for 1200 keys... All class misx ofcourse, but it's the supply and demand for this effect that determines this price

Oh wow i did not know that this effect is only for invasion hats. And i did not know these are not unboxable anymore. Well, this makes sense now Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Edvis_Knife said:

Oh wow i did not know that this effect is only for invasion hats. And i did not know these are not unboxable anymore. Well, this makes sense now Thanks.

Its unboxable, but only for translators/phononauts. Soon, the cases will be gone and no longer unboxable 

1 hour ago, Raeindeer said:

Nebula can still be unboxed...spacemanns can’t 

Theres basically only like 5 hats you can unbox with nebula on them, and 2 of em are single class restricted hats, so if u want the effect for any of the other 7 classes theres only three choices, two if you dont have 2000 keys to spend. The universal trans is the cheaper one, and is a little more inconspicuous than the phononaut, so the demand meets the supply for the most part. It's like if they only put the 2018 moon effects on like 5 hats, rather than every other case and its hats

17 hours ago, j58 said:

Nebula can still be unboxed...spacemanns can’t 

Where is the information that the spacemanns cant be unboxed any more?. There is nothing on its wiikii page about it not being unboxable....?

Wiikii states this.

Uncrate #96
Available Qualities

On 8/21/2019 at 2:52 AM, DanielDee said:

No answers? I guess the wiikii is correct then and they still can be unboxed as per what the page says...

Spacemanns are Miscs, so it CANNOT be unboxed anymore!

Since they added the case bonus, there has been ZERO other effects of Spacemanns and less than 20 invasion effects exist compare to Phononauts.

So the only hats that can be Unusual from the Quarantine cases are, Universal Translator, Corona Australis and Sucker Slug.

Archived