Question RE: Now-Tradable Unusuals

Bones Malone

Howdy all, long time user of BP.TF, first time using the forums so please bear with me if my formatting's weird ^_^"

I've been trying to post my now-tradable unu from The Crate Depression on the classifieds so that I don't have to deal with the (insanely lowball) quicksell price that Scrap.tf is giving me for it, but my inventory on BP.TF keeps switching back and forth between recognizing it as tradable and thinking its non-tradable. Despite how it looks in my inventory on BP.TF, it won't let me post the classified listing anyway. Is this just something funky that's happening because of the large flux in Unus coming into the market?

(PS: inb4 someone says something, I'm already trying to sell it for less than bp.tf value, but I want enough keys to trade it for my dream soldier unu, which is low-tier anyway) 

Wait, so we will not be able to differentiate bugged unusual from good unusual? I thought valve will keep "uncraftable" tag for all these bugged unusuals?

43 minutes ago, Edvis_Knife said:

Wait, so we will not be able to differentiate bugged unusual from good unusual? I thought valve will keep "uncraftable" tag for all these bugged unusuals?

the best way to avoid them is to not buy any old hats with 1st gen and 3rd gen effect.

2nd gen might be affected as crate 61 was affected but it wasnt too profitable so not alot of people used that crate so to be more sure,dont get any

3 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

2nd gen might be affected as crate 61 was affected but it wasnt too profitable so not alot of people used that crate so to be more sure,dont get any

p sure u cant get 2nd gens from crate #61, only crates #26-#57 and unlocked crates + cosmetic cases contain em, none of those were affected by the bug

so yeah, second gens might get more popular now

1 hour ago, Bocks said:

p sure u cant get 2nd gens from crate #61, only crates #26-#57 and unlocked crates + cosmetic cases contain em, none of those were affected by the bug

so yeah, second gens might get more popular now

Its a shame gen 2 effects are kinda boring

9 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

https://backpack.tf/item/7955767501

that one?

make sure your inventory isn't using a fallback. make sure it's a fresh updated bp. maybe that's what it is. refresh until it works

Yeah, that one. I'll try again today, hopefully things go smoothly. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Edvis_Knife said:

I mean, technically speaking, an unusual is an unusual. Look what happened to dupes-- people only care if the dupe is on a high-tier hat/unusual effect.

EDIT: The problem is still occurring so I'm adding pictures if that helps any. Essentially I've refreshed like Adolf Storms said to do, and after 5 or 6 refreshes the hat is registered as tradable again, but when i click on the hat to make the classified listing, the message in the first picture is what I get. I checked my actual inventory, the hat is indeed tradable, so idk why my bp.tf backpack is acting the way it is, especially since it's not going through fallback

themessageiget.PNG

itshouldbetradable.PNG

3 hours ago, Infernape said:

Its a shame gen 2 effects are kinda boring

its a matter of taste, u cant really claim that effects are boring

either u like them or u dont 😛

3 hours ago, Bones Malone said:

Yeah, that one. I'll try again today, hopefully things go smoothly. Thanks!

I mean, technically speaking, an unusual is an unusual. Look what happened to dupes-- people only care if the dupe is on a high-tier hat/unusual effect.

EDIT: The problem is still occurring so I'm adding pictures if that helps any. Essentially I've refreshed like Adolf Storms said to do, and after 5 or 6 refreshes the hat is registered as tradable again, but when i click on the hat to make the classified listing, the message in the first picture is what I get. I checked my actual inventory, the hat is indeed tradable, so idk why my bp.tf backpack is acting the way it is, especially since it's not going through fallback

themessageiget.PNG

itshouldbetradable.PNG

i noticed that when i pulled up the history it shows as untradable still. must be backpack.tf glitch because your steam inventory clearly shows it tradable. file a report https://backpack.tf/issues/create

Usually takes a day for them to update items to tradeable in my past experiences.

12 hours ago, Edvis_Knife said:

If the item ID starts with 7955-7958 (I haven't found any with 7954 but it's possible a few of those on the high end would be from the glitch) it is probably from that night however that's not a for sure since some people (myself included) unboxed non-bugged crates and got unusuals which means those ones would be legit even though they start with those numbers. It really doesn't matter like with duped unusuals, although with these ones you can have no fear of valve deleting these because they already made the decision on them.

Archived