When will unusual ban be lifted

tamron

The crate bug happened a month ago and theres still no update on when the first unboxed unusuals will be trade unlocked, this is unacceptable and valve needs to adress this already, i get that they dont give a birds shit about tf2 but some people need to trade hats already and these fucking mutts are keeping everybody waiting for no reason

Soon™

In all fairness this is Valve we're talking about. Valve time is a meme for a reason.

You're not unreasonable for wondering where it is, but you'd be a fool to believe it would be released when they first said it would be.

Also, the crate bug was only 3 weeks ago, not a month.

edit: speak of the devil

well no idea but try using valve's time clock.

for example:when they say a week,it means a few months.just like the metaphor of half life 3.supposed to be released.delayed and then never did come out.

in this case,it will but probably not too soon

edit: im late but whatever.looks like they used the real world clock

1 hour ago, tamron said:

The crate bug happened a month ago and theres still no update on when the first unboxed unusuals will be trade unlocked, this is unacceptable and valve needs to adress this already, i get that they dont give a birds shit about tf2 but some people need to trade hats already and these fucking mutts are keeping everybody waiting for no reason

interesting that you're so curious about this as you don't appear to have a horse in this race... or do u have alts? 0.o

Yeah it opened now what the hell

55 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

interesting that you're so curious about this as you don't appear to have a horse in this race... or do u have alts? 0.o

My cousin has a hat, and hes been bugging me ever since he opened it

If you abused the exploit and unboxed multiple unusuals of course there never going to be tradeable valve already stated that each players first unboxed unusual will be tradable and all the others will stay trade locked.

Everyone who unboxed while this bug was around knownlgy exploited it and the items were unfairly achieved while everyone else has has to pay 2.50$ to have a change at getting one. So your exploited items will stay untradable and that’s what is fair.

9 minutes ago, Big Ol Bessie said:

If you abused the exploit and unboxed multiple unusuals of course there never going to be tradeable valve already stated that each players first unboxed unusual will be tradable and all the others will stay trade locked.

Everyone who unboxed while this bug was around knownlgy exploited it and the items were unfairly achieved while everyone else has has to pay 2.50$ to have a change at getting one. So your exploited items will stay untradable and that’s what is fair.

Lol bro stop smoking crack

11 minutes ago, Big Ol Bessie said:

crybaby

1 hour ago, Big Ol Bessie said:

Lol you should be the clown of your class if you say that lmfao. If you want to the community to be even more broken then what it is now, means that you are mentally ill 

Hey now there's no need to call him a crybaby, a lot of people lost a lot of money from scummy people. Whatever happened to those people was justly deserved. While him saying that everyone who unboxed during the event knew what was going on isn't 100% true, there is no reason to call him a crybaby or a clown.

3 hours ago, Big Ol Bessie said:

Hoes mad

1 hour ago, Infernape said:

What a friendly community

If you think that’s rude I fear for you venturing out into the rest of the internet

Those unusuals shouldn't even be unlocked. Valve did complete bullshit making them tradable, because they could just refund them like they did with other unusuals.

Probably, as the only ones getting fucked over would be the ones who bought dozens of crates and now have to sit with a wallet of cash they probably werent going to use on the steam market.

Then again that is if valve did it unintentionally. I have no doubts that the bug was most likely because of a mistake but the handling of it has been pisspoor 

And valve stands to lose with a refund, since the untradable unusuals are now a net profit for them, since the dozens of untradable hats dont affect the economy yet the money spent on the crates went straight into valves pocket.

Theres probably a thousand or two of untradable hats that should amount to around 4000 dollars in profit for free. And valve of course made them untradable instead of refunding so both the market stays intact and they dont give anything out of their pocket.

How fucking slimy can you be as a company

I'm inclined to agree with Kirsty. Even for someone like myself who now has a tradable Miami Nights Black Watch for basically 4 euros, i still feel like the most logical way to handle this was to not make any of them tradable or marketable, and just refund all the items (or keep them in their untradable state i guess). Everyone gets their money back and the market including many of the unusual prices won't be affected from the influx of now tradable and marketable unusuals.

Still, free money is free money i guess, i won't complain.

11 hours ago, AD⚡HD said:

If you think that’s rude I fear for you venturing out into the rest of the internet

Oh trust me honey, I know.

I’m just saying we don’t need to be dicks.

now go eat your happy meal

15 hours ago, AD⚡HD said:

"Its worse somewhere else so I feel justified in being an asshole" 

• 1 month later...

Archived