Jehnib

Autobumb every hour while online?

Jehnib

I just Got the Awesome++ VIP for 20$. I have been online on the Steam mobile app after my listing passed the 1 hour mark, but it doesnt autobump. It looks like i have the “away” status on my bp.tf profile even tho im in the app and online in the app.

help!

kajzer

I think it autobumps when you are on the site.

just have the site open in background when you play games or something.

hollows

u have to be online on bp.tf i think

i can be wrong tho

Jehnib

I tried again through the steam mobile app. No action, but as soon as i signed in to BP.tf i realized the listing was autobumped after 1+ hour. I guess you’re Right.

tbh, very poor feature(s) for a whole 20$ donation. Maybe it’s too advanced to code/connect steam with BP.tf, im not gonna judge here, but lacking a bit of efficiency. :)

Knurr
3 minutes ago, Jehnib said:

I tried again through the steam mobile app. No action, but as soon as i signed in to BP.tf i realized the listing was autobumped after 1+ hour. I guess you’re Right.

tbh, very poor feature(s) for a whole 20$ donation. Maybe it’s too advanced to code/connect steam with BP.tf, im not gonna judge here, but lacking a bit of efficiency. :)

I am a donator and I don't remember it working like that.

BUT I am not sure and I am out of business for 2-3 years.

Alternatively, You can try having it open on Your smartphone in a browser somewhere in background. Though I don't think that will work.

FP jh34ghu43gu

If it works like premium then every time you load a page on backpack.tf it will check to see when your listing was bumped and if it's been over an hour it will bump it. Leaving a tab open does not work if you aren't doing anything. The auto bump is generally more helpful the more listings you have. if you have 100 listings that's 100 buttons you don't have to press every 30 min/ 1 hour, just the refresh button. I think it's worth it even for just the 6-15 listings I have and it was definitely worth it when I had 200 listings on my bot.

Jehnib
9 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

If it works like premium then every time you load a page on backpack.tf it will check to see when your listing was bumped and if it's been over an hour it will bump it. Leaving a tab open does not work if you aren't doing anything. The auto bump is generally more helpful the more listings you have. if you have 100 listings that's 100 buttons you don't have to press every 30 min/ 1 hour, just the refresh button. I think it's worth it even for just the 6-15 listings I have and it was definitely worth it when I had 200 listings on my bot.

No. Very poor features for 20$ donation. Just tried updating several times on the site while being signed in to the site without autobumping my listing even after the 1 hour mark. Very poor feature and useless sweets with the donation. They must be struggling to keep the site going if you have to steal 20$ from any individual for a feature that doesnt even work properly when you are signed in to the site. 200 right click takes no time, not worth donating and i hope people watching this will avoid future donations on the site.

FP jh34ghu43gu
12 hours ago, Jehnib said:

No. Very poor features for 20$ donation. Just tried updating several times on the site while being signed in to the site without autobumping my listing even after the 1 hour mark. Very poor feature and useless sweets with the donation. They must be struggling to keep the site going if you have to steal 20$ from any individual for a feature that doesnt even work properly when you are signed in to the site. 200 right click takes no time, not worth donating and i hope people watching this will avoid future donations on the site.

If it doesn't work at all then yes it's a problem they should probably fix however in my humble opinion a donation from the donate button is you wanting to, well, donate because you are pleased with the site as a whole. I think it's amazing all the data provided for free to anyone including the default classifieds anyone with a steam account can use. Plus that $20 auto bump is a one time purchase compared to the monthly purchase of premium and to be honest I'm surprised they still have that as a perk (for the donation).

Also dunno about the no time to bump 200+ listings. Even if you have your listings split evenly 100/100 buy/sell (to fit the most onto a page of your classifieds as possible) that's (a very optimistic) 10 seconds on each page for 100 seconds total. I could do it in about 14 seconds, a bit over 2 min total and that doesn't include page loading and it is going as fast as possible on a zoomed out page to fit all the listings in one view. Frankly I'd rather do something else with that 3-5 min and it is well worth the price to not do that. I buy my premium 6 months at a time for $27, bump it around 6 times a day for a total of 1080 bumps per $27 or ~6 cents to save me 3-5 min. I can drink a bottle of soda in that time and get the pop deposit off of it to pay for that. That's also the PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION price. If I paid a one time fee of $20 for the auto bump every hour, sure I'd only be bumping 3 times a day now but over the course of my 3 years actively using classifieds that's a whopping 6/10 of a cent to save 3-5 min of work and it only goes down the longer I use it. (Please do not take this rant as an argument against the feature IF it is actually broken; this argument purely addresses the last sentence of your reply.)