Is the universal translator a misc?

Nikspy

If I'm not mistaken though, the Translator can be quickswitched like a Gauzed Gaze or Blast Defense.

Haven't tried it myself yet to confirm though.

26 minutes ago, Mucy said:

If I'm not mistaken though, the Translator can be quickswitched like a Gauzed Gaze or Blast Defense.

Haven't tried it myself yet to confirm though.

no. it is a "hat" equip region so it wouldn't. would have to be a 'whole head replacement' in order for that to even be possible to glitch as mentioned.

@ o/p - I can't believe these falsehoods are still floating around 4 years later. these rumors were increased by unscrupulous traders back when it was becoming all-class a couple years ago. they pointed to the community contribution page where it said "item slot: headgear, misc" to try and create additional hype. It never was a misc, still isn't to my knowledge. edit: wiki page still lists it as hat equip region as well. As we all know, 2 'hats' cannot be worn at the same time. no 2 items with the same equip region can.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

no. it is a "hat" equip region so it wouldn't. would have to be a 'whole head replacement' in order for that to even be possible to glitch as mentioned.

I can't believe these falsehoods are still floating around 4 years later. these rumors were increased by unscrupulous traders back when it was becoming all-class a couple years ago. they pointed to the community contribution page where it said "item slot: headgear, misc" to try and create additional hype. It never was a misc, still isn't to my knowledge. edit: wiki page still lists it as hat equip region as well.

Actually no, you're incorrect. Items with the Whole Head equip region can be glitched to wear with any hat. Mucy is right, you can wear Gauzed Gaze, blast Defense and other whole head cosmetics with the translator. I used to wear a blast Defense with my nebula translator.

Actually Mucy said

1 hour ago, Mucy said:

the Translator can be quickswitched like a Gauzed Gaze or Blast Defense

"like" implies that it is also a whole head cosmetic sharing the same properties as the Gauzed Gaze/Blast Defense.

If Mucy instead said "with", then they would be correct.

Also:

1 hour ago, aSmallGreenDot said:

Actually no, you're incorrect. Items with the Whole Head equip region can be glitched to wear with any hat

1 hour ago, Adolf Storms said:

would have to be a 'whole head replacement' in order for that to even be possible to glitch as mentioned.

where are they incorrect??

1 hour ago, DRIFTA said:

Actually Mucy said

"like" implies that it is also a whole head cosmetic sharing the same properties as the Gauzed Gaze/Blast Defense.

If Mucy instead said "with", then they would be correct.

Also:

where are they incorrect??

*facepalms* u speak english right? IT'S NOT LIKE THEM CUZ IT ISN'T A WHOLE HEAD REPLACEMENT IT'S A HAT

22 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

*facepalms* u speak english right? IT'S NOT LIKE THEM CUZ IT ISN'T A WHOLE HEAD REPLACEMENT IT'S A HAT

bruh i was defending you, smallgreendot said you were incorrect yet he repeated exactly what you said lol

47 minutes ago, DRIFTA said:

bruh i was defending you, smallgreendot said you were incorrect yet he repeated exactly what you said lol

well this is awkard lol.

Anyways

Gauzed Gaze, Blast defense etc. = whole head cosmetic

Universal Translator = hat

Cleared it up for you - and yes, you're welcome.

2 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

xD

2 hours ago, DRIFTA said:

well i guess he removed his comment. i thought your response was rather bizarre. that clarifies that :) small print on mobile i missed who said what i guess

Thanks for answering my question guys, I just got an amazing morning glory hat for demo, and I was just trying to see if there are any cheaper miscs that are all class (since demoman has no unusual miscs), but I guess I'll just have to save up for antlers or something.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, Nikspy said:

Thanks for answering my question guys, I just got an amazing morning glory hat for demo, and I was just trying to see if there are any cheaper miscs that are all class (since demoman has no unusual miscs), but I guess I'll just have to save up for antlers or something.

polar pullover looks really good on demo

Archived