Official Statement from Valve!!!

Keks

Basically as I thought, if you traded within Valve´s eco system you get to keep your first glitch unusual and rest of Money back if you wish. 

And Valve protects the markete by making majority of unusuals not tradable. 

However, 3rd party sites get a hard punishment. 

Either you have trading bots that lost all their keys or bots filled with untradable unusuals they can get really no refund for. 

It's a good compromise.

Though I'd much rather have the Scorching Flames Attendant I unboxed first than the Dead Presidents Coldsnap Cap I first acquired from the SCM.

In any case, I'll probably wind up submitting for a refund on all the non-tradeables. I've got enough other things to fill my backpack with.

8 minutes ago, rafiozol said:

does anybody have a list of good unusuals hitting the market from this?

I have a feeling very few people started unboxing with first gen crates, so that list is gonna be quite short

This response from valve is a joke. They're basically just telling everyone to abuse the fuck out of any glitch or exploit they find, cause valve sure as hell won't punish you for it. People lost thousands on here and marketplace.tf and nothing will be done for them, people who missed it don't get anything, people who knowingly exploited the system and peoples buy orders get out with thousands of dollars and a reward from valve.

1 minute ago, The Walking Wingull said:

This response from valve is a joke. They're basically just telling everyone to abuse the fuck out of any glitch or exploit they find, cause valve sure as hell won't punish you for it. People lost thousands on here and marketplace.tf and nothing will be done for them, people who missed it don't get anything, people who knowingly exploited the system and peoples buy orders get out with thousands of dollars and a reward from valve.

Correction, Valve is punishing people using 3rd party sites. 

Which I do not think is by mistake, remember 3rd party sites "takes" Money that Valve could earn. 

I'm really not reading it that way. I read it as a person is able to get a full refund regardless of the way they obtained the hats. So, someone who had a buy order exploited would wind up with a refund in the order of a trade reversal.

Really, the people worst hurt would then be the ones who after getting the unusuals dumped into their accounts, proceeded to dump them into others'.

35 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

I'm really not reading it that way. I read it as a person is able to get a full refund regardless of the way they obtained the hats. So, someone who had a buy order exploited would wind up with a refund in the order of a trade reversal.

Really, the people worst hurt would then be the ones who after getting the unusuals dumped into their accounts, proceeded to dump them into others'.

people who spent real cash lmao

Well, I know I'm exploiting the hell out of the next bug that comes around. Since its clear valve won't do shit.

Archived