What exactly is this glitch that everyone's talking about?

DiscoDonuts

I just got back from vacation and everyone's talking about how the economy is ruined and Valve is doing jackshit about the glitch. What exactly happened?

When the tf2 update was released you had 100% chance of getting an unusual on crates 1-18# and 82-84#.

People started to unbox unusuals like crazy dumping the unusuals on steam market for 4-5usd to get more keys  and unbox more and so on.
This flooded the market and many people thought the market was going to crash. After some hours valve finally did something and made all the unboxed unusuals untradable and uncraftable however this isnt the final decision and we are waiting for an update comming hopefully this monday.

I'm curious to how many of these glitched unusuals are now stuck in automatic trading accounts like on Scrap.TF, MP.TF, Mannco.store / trade and other such sites?

Imagine waking up to an inventory full of untradable unusuals, all your keys picked clean from your many buyorders. 

2 hours ago, SoranoGuardias said:

I'm curious to how many of these glitched unusuals are now stuck in automatic trading accounts like on Scrap.TF, MP.TF, Mannco.store / trade and other such sites?

Not as many as you'd think. Most of the major trading sites pulled the plug on Unusual trading right away once the news broke. Who were affected most were individual bot owners and people with buy orders on the SCM.

Archived