About 1,3 gens

Tituxa

i wouldn't worry much about that is what it is.i would worry more about the big picture,the big picture is valve as a whole,are they gonna stand behind there product or not.Everyone is worried about 1 single dead game where trading is stagnant,right now it got energized you roll back it becomes dead again not only that guys like me who spread there money around with valve on many platforms will stop spending money with them and move on if you can't stand behind your mistakes your reputation is trash and before you know it how long before they do it with something else.People stand to lose a little right now but you make it up in the long run.Do you save the few and kill the many or do you kill the few to save the many in a new enrgized market is the question and watch not only tf2 die even worse or watch valve as a whole die.

Depends entirely on what Valve does with the hats. If they rollback/remove/change the effects on the hats, probably nothing. It might even go up, since then people that had unusuals for a few days would want them back. 

If the effects stay on the hats, we'll probably see a gradual comeback, though not like it was. 

If the effects stay on the hats and they become tradeable, I'm guessing the prices will tank pretty hard. 

They could tank even harder then you think,expecially if people leave and decide its just not worth it anymore.Then your talking about people losing alot more money with no one to sell anything to.You could legit bankrupt a company over this and no one has anything.People never really look beyond what they can see,kind of like a fart in the wind.

1 hour ago, Pineapple Pizza said:

Depends entirely on what Valve does with the hats. If they rollback/remove/change the effects on the hats, probably nothing. It might even go up, since then people that had unusuals for a few days would want them back. 

If the effects stay on the hats, we'll probably see a gradual comeback, though not like it was. 

If the effects stay on the hats and they become tradeable, I'm guessing the prices will tank pretty hard. 

Imo if people arent stupid and wont qs them, the price wont drop too much, if they make them tradeable the price will be back after 2-3 weeks

2 hours ago, staski said:

Imo if people arent stupid and wont qs them, the price wont drop too much, if they make them tradeable the price will be back after 2-3 weeks

If they make them tradeable they'll be back at normal price in 3 weeks? Lmao

5 hours ago, Stinkfinger said:

They could tank even harder then you think,expecially if people leave and decide its just not worth it anymore.Then your talking about people losing alot more money with no one to sell anything to.You could legit bankrupt a company over this and no one has anything.People never really look beyond what they can see,kind of like a fart in the wind.

I lost about 500 keys when Valve decided to put in Unusualifier. People still gonna play the game even though its pretty much a dying game. If those exploited hats are to be tradable. It would hurt people that trade for living which is small percentage any how. I'm glad I sold most of my stuffs last year so it doesnt really matter to me whatever valve decide to do.

4 hours ago, Sprekt said:

If they make them tradeable they'll be back at normal price in 3 weeks? Lmao

Okay maybe i overreacted xd but i mean if people arent that stupid it can go atleast close to its origo price if im not looking at the time spent going close to origo

11 minutes ago, staski said:

Okay maybe i overreacted xd but i mean if people arent that stupid it can go atleast close to its origo price if im not looking at the time spent going close to origo

If valve wants to fuck up everything and make them tradeable the market will never recover unfortunately, I see no problem in keeping them non-tradeable since the users that purchased them still got what they purchased. I'm losing my mind if valve makes them tradeable. 

They Won't be tradable in their current state but I feel like they will get in trouble in some countries with strong consumer protection laws if they straight up roll back

31 minutes ago, Sprekt said:

If valve wants to fuck up everything and make them tradeable the market will never recover unfortunately, I see no problem in keeping them non-tradeable since the users that purchased them still got what they purchased. I'm losing my mind if valve makes them tradeable. 

13 minutes ago, Eis said:

They Won't be tradable in their current state but I feel like they will get in trouble in some countries with strong consumer protection laws if they straight up roll back

Yeah a roll back just sounds very impossible for that exact reason, leaving them untradeable is the best solution imo. I don't think valve wants to spend a trillion hours and dollars refunding every single penny. 

If Valve decides to keep them non-marketable though I would rather my money be refunded, because that is straight theft by deception in my book. I have no problem if they want to make them uncraftable, but they need to be at least marketable non-tradable like the PUBG items. Then it doesn't effect the secondary player to player trade market as much and they would be considered "dirty", but people should be allowed to buy and sell them on the Steam Community Market like they were after being unboxed. I didn't unbox but I did put out a few buy orders that my steam wallet funds would allow on my favorite unusual in hopes of snagging a decent effect, I was going to relist the ones I either didn't want or ended up as duplicates. I certainly didn't do it to profit off of it, but if Valve sticks me with non-marketable unusuals I will consider filing a chargeback as the items they sold me ended up altered from their original moment of purchase.

Archived