If the market crash happens what will we do?

Hiisi

Well, as of 17 minutes ago all of the unusuals unboxed in the bug are now Non-Tradable/Marketable  (through the weekend for sure). On the community market at least, everything seems to be back to normal, although Marketplace is still closed. So they are handling it, and the market has steadied for now.

from the very limited evidence I've seen, anecdotally and from twitter, most of the unusuals unboxed had specific effects, typically dead presidents. this was from a tiny sample size, but it makes sense given that crate 82 was widely reported as being glitched, and was very common in inventories. my working theory is that they attempted to tweak unbox rates for specific effects and accidentally made them 100% due to a typo. pure conjecture but it fits the tiny amount of evidence i have. 

if that's all true (a huge if), then it's unlikely to significantly effect prices for most unusuals, but will lower the price for those effects. also, right now the market will be saturated with these new ones, but over time the effect of this one-off influx will decline. 

in total, prices might be slightly effected in the short term, but it probably won't be very drastic, and in the long term the effect will mainly be limited to the specific effects which were unboxed a lot. also valve could easily make anything unboxed during the glitch period untradable.

37 minutes ago, t0night said:

from the very limited evidence I've seen, anecdotally and from twitter, most of the unusuals unboxed had specific effects, typically dead presidents. this was from a tiny sample size, but it makes sense given that crate 82 was widely reported as being glitched, and was very common in inventories. my working theory is that they attempted to tweak unbox rates for specific effects and accidentally made them 100% due to a typo. pure conjecture but it fits the tiny amount of evidence i have. 

if that's all true (a huge if), then it's unlikely to significantly effect prices for most unusuals, but will lower the price for those effects. also, right now the market will be saturated with these new ones, but over time the effect of this one-off influx will decline. 

in total, prices might be slightly effected in the short term, but it probably won't be very drastic, and in the long term the effect will mainly be limited to the specific effects which were unboxed a lot. also valve could easily make anything unboxed during the glitch period untradable.

True however many high tier effects from gen 1 were also unboxed

1-19 crates, 82, and 86 were effected. That means 1st gens and 3rd gens were the ones affected, leaving 2nd gens, EOTL, and Halloweens fine. Though I could be wrong *shrug* 

1 minute ago, Bafner said:

1-19 crates, 82, and 86 were effected. That means 1st gens and 3rd gens were the ones affected, leaving 2nd gens, EOTL, and Halloweens fine. Though I could be wrong *shrug* 

85*.now the thing is,valve may make all those bugged unusuals into untradable and give us 1 key for each bugged unusuals we got if im not mistaken

6 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

85*.now the thing is,valve may make all those bugged unusuals into untradable and give us 1 key for each bugged unusuals we got if im not mistaken

Thing is though, some spent more than a key on the unusuals if you bought it via the SCM. So that would be a financial loss

8 minutes ago, Bafner said:

Thing is though, some spent more than a key on the unusuals if you bought it via the SCM. So that would be a financial loss

do you think valve could even care?the exploit went on for hours

I unboxed series 1 - 18 total of 16 crates. Some were scorching , burning , mass flies , fetti , vivid but most of them were green & purple energy. 

Everything will crash most likely. Since they cannot remove the hats that would fuck people over, keeping them is flooding the market and yeah. If it wasnt for real world money trading this would be much easier. Good thing I cashed out a month ago.

Archived