Boycott valve

Rakaksha

I personally am done with valve. The way they have treated the community for this past duration is miserably at best. The steam sale was a big f up. This minor update which was supposed to bring something new to the game, instead ruined it all together. I had invested less than 20$ in this game but a huge amount of time. I feel sad for those who had invested much more into it. There bug fixing is comparable to a start-up. So why shouldn't we give chance to other alternatives. Hell yeah go for epic store or any fucking place. I personally wont be spending or supporting valve in any manner whatsoever! 

Give your two cents down below peeps!

i luckily cashed out most of stuff before this happened, i did expect some economy issues but not such a huge bug, you are right man. screw up valve, ridicolous company

Yeah I dodged a fat bullet on this one by having only second gen and miscs basically, but still you raise some very valid points. Epic store on the other hand I will never be able to support.

I see also many theories about rollbacks of trade etc, which should be very hard after people resold their stuff for cash or traded them away etc, but what if their only possible solution would be full trade lock like pubg did^

*laughs in csgo*

Cashed out for csgo shit years ago. A lot of tf2 traders i'm friends with got their laughs in when they trade locked items in that game for a week.

Now i guess i get to have the last laugh with my knives. 

Whatever they do will be temporary. They don't communicate,  they dont accept their mistake. Thier work ethics are down to the ground. Even if they rollback or whatever, i will cash out whatever i have. Not gonna trust valve ever. Will stick just for tf2.

Yeah if they dont fix this valve is dead for me, I was a huge fan of their work ever since 2004, but clearly this is not the same company anymore. They are just as bad as EA, Activision and all the other terrible companies. They lost their soul, their interest in the consumer. This also means that everyone who financed the tf2 updates will be gone, nothing will left to milk from tf2, and there wont be any updates.

12 minutes ago, Rakin! said:

*laughs in csgo*

Cashed out for csgo shit years ago. A lot of tf2 traders i'm friends with got their laughs in when they trade locked items in that game for a week.

Now i guess i get to have the last laugh with my knives. 

i literally traded my tf2 inv for csgo stuff a week ago lol

Me on the other hand, I have invested hundreds into this game and I find this hilarious.  It took you this long to figure out that Valve was a bad company?  Not when they have gone silent on the promised sequel to HL2?  Not when they kept releasing failed project after failed project with Steam Machines, Steam Controller, VR, et cetera?  Not when they have failed to release an actual game in years, with Dota 2 and CS:GO being managed by other companies?  Not when they actually thought they could announce that awful, forgettable Dota card game to an audience and not get jeered at? Not when they killed all of the community servers in TF2 with their awful quick play service, said that they would make up for it by releasing community made content, and then just abondoned the game altogether?  Valve has been a bad company for a long time.

1 minute ago, Celery said:

Me on the other hand, I have invested hundreds into this game and I find this hilarious.  It took you this long to figure out that Valve was a bad company?  Not when they have gone silent on the promised sequel to HL2?  Not when they kept releasing failed project after failed project with Steam Machines, Steam Controller, VR, et cetera?  Not when they have failed to release an actual game in years, with Dota 2 and CS:GO being managed by other companies?  Not when they actually thought they could announce that awful, forgettable Dota card game to an audience and not get jeered at? Not when they killed all of the community servers in TF2 with their awful quick play service, said that they would make up for it by releasing community made content, and then just abondoned the game altogether?  Valve has been a bad company for a long time.

I have been playing for 2+ years only and got very attached to tf2 very quick. I dont know about the older games and how valve treated them, but i assume it wasn't different. So anyways screw valve!

This is obviously a ploy to make a quick buck from valves end. There wasnt an update that came that made this change, was it? That basically rules out the possibility that it was an unintentional bug, which lets be real, even if valve makes some stupid bugs sometimes they have never done something on this scale.

They dont give a rats ass about tf2 and so they did this so they could make money from the marketplace

Dont expect any apologies or fixes, i cant say how long this will go on for but since it's been roughly 10 hours and it still hasnt been patched (a simple shutting down of the servers would have surmised until they could have fixed that, why didnt they do it?) i expect it will last for at least a few more days.

This is why i also believe only a few crates were affected rather than all of them. so after this there is at least a bit of a unusual economy standing in way of unique unboxes. 

No use crying. This isnt a bug

1 minute ago, Rakaksha said:

I have been playing for 2+ years only and got very attached to tf2 very quick. I dont know about the older games and how valve treated them, but i assume it wasn't different. So anyways screw valve!

That's actually depressing to hear.  You missed out on the best years of TF2, back when the game wasn't a snorefest of sv_pure 1 Valve servers.

6 minutes ago, Celery said:

Hey, steam objectively gud and gabe newell XD

Mouthbreathing pcmr users that actually think epic games sells their data would never stop gloating valve and here we are

36 minutes ago, Ninjah said:

Yeah I dodged a fat bullet on this one by having only second gen and miscs basically, but still you raise some very valid points. Epic store on the other hand I will never be able to support.

Why? 

No one i see has brought up a legitimate argument for not supporting epic store. I'm listening

6 minutes ago, Rakaksha said:

That was quick!! *Sarcasm*

From a business standpoint, it is. Remember that all this shit went down at 3 in the morning for Valve.

From their perspective, it's like coming into work to start the opening procedures only to find that the front doors are missing, the ATM is in pieces in the parking lot, and inside half the aisles are knocked over with a pickup truck sitting on top. And then while surveying the carnage, a customer uncaringly walks through the debris and asks you where the soup that's on special is.

3 minutes ago, Celery said:

That's actually depressing to hear.  You missed out on the best years of TF2, back when the game wasn't a snorefest of sv_pure 1 Valve servers.

Yeah i know, but still did enjoyed this game a lot. Sure i did missed it at its peak

2 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

From a business standpoint, it is. Remember that all this shit went down at 3 in the morning for Valve.

From their perspective, it's like coming into work to start the opening procedures only to find that the front doors are missing, the ATM is in pieces in the parking lot, and inside half the aisles are knocked over with a pickup truck sitting on top. And then while surveying the carnage, a customer uncaringly walks through the debris and asks you where the soup that's on special is.

This kind of a bug should not have left the test cycle itself! It wasn't even a major update to have been missed out. Even i feel it was a planned decision from valves end.

4 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Nice illustration but you completely miss the point.

Valves headquarters may be in america but by all means they are an international company and this isnt some small bug, this affects the economy of one of their major games in a very big game. If they were planning on doing something they would have. Dont play mouthpiece for them.

Just now, tamron said:

Nice illustration but you completely miss the point.

Valves headquarters may be in america but by all means they are an international company and this isnt some small bug, this affects the economy of one of their major games in a very big game. If they were planning on doing something they would have. Dont play mouthpiece for them.

I was gonna state similar opinion, for any live product there are support teams always online. That too one involving money and a fresh update involvement.

Even a glance at the diff or committ logs must have shown that there was something wrong! My dummy team leads catch off bugs much minor and this a bug of catastrophic scale! I wonder why those fucks get paid so much

Yall can hate on Valve, ofc it is a HUGE ass mistake that they have done, but it was not intended, and they are trying to fix it the right way. Why it might have taken a lot of time is already said above + they have to think about what to do, and not just bring (another) stupid decision.

13 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Except instead of anything being missing, you know, they made a lot of money off of keys.  Their PR with people that owned a lot of unusual hats is nothing compared to 1) the money they made through all of this and 2) the people who now own unusuals.

2 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Yall can hate on Valve, ofc it is a HUGE ass mistake that they have done, but it was intended, and they are trying to fix it the right way. Why it might have taken a lot of time is already said above + they have to think about what to do, and not just bring (another) stupid decision.

If it was intended, how is it a mistake and what are they trying to fix? 

Taking time? I have seen restaurants and stations get shut down quicker in case of emergency that the way valve reacted to this fiasco. Its software driven, failsafes are expected from company of this scale. Even smaller scale softwarea have a better damage mitigation system

Archived